“So Much Meat I could Only Eat One Piece”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Santa Maria Pizza & Spaghetti
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Thompson
Winnipeg, Canada
“So Much Meat I could Only Eat One Piece”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

What constitutes good pizza in your opinion? Is it the thickness or thinness or the crunchiness of the crust? Is it a variety of contrasting toppings? Is is the amount of cheese? Is a lot of cheese a good thing?

In my world it is variable. It can be any or all of the criteria above. It is the same for hamburgers. Sometimes I get a craving for a Big Mac. Other times, the desire is for a made from scratch burger with all of the upscale trimmings.

Today I ventured out to find that another of the Thompson restaurants that I had been hearing about was just around the corner. Well my walk was a titch longer than that but so far everything in this little city is within walking distance of my hotel. So too, Santa Maria Pizza which was recommended to me on the very first day that I arrived in town.

I arrived at 1 and I guess the lunch crowd had abated because I approached, I was not even sure if the place was open. Sure enough though, there were two tables inside and another couple of tables arrived while I was there. As I am finding in Thompson, everyone is served a cup of coffee as soon as you sit down. In fact in this case, the waitress kept coming over to refill my coffee cup when I was actually drinking water.

When the Meat Only pizza arrived, it was exceptional. That is to say if your criteria is for easy on the sauce, a veritable stack of meat and tons of stringy cheese. What I especially liked was the sprinkling of mixed Italian herbs that were sprinkled on top (just the way my Dad used to make our pizza).

I enjoyed the very first piece and then I had to request a take away box. There was so much protein on the little wedge, that I was quickly satiated. Lucky for me I love cold pizza perhaps even more than hot.

Oh yea, there was something special abut their Meat Only pizza and that is mushrooms!

For more detail and photos, please feel free to check out my blog post at: http://foodmusings.ca/restaurants/santa-maria-pizza-thompson/

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Kathryne G

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good pizza, but be willing to wait for delivery”
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Good pizza, but be willing to wait for delivery

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook