We booked on a whim - we got stuck in Thompson when taking our dog to the vet (she stayed at the clinic overnight) and had to book at 5pm on a Friday. I called the 1-800 number and had no issues booking through them. They did offer me $60 cash back, but at the end when I tried to get it they said I had to be in the states. They knew up front the hotel is in Canada, so I'm not sure why they offered it.
The staff was very polite and helpful. The room and common areas were incredibly clean! There wasn't a speck of dust. We had a comfortable king size bed with a nice soft duvet. The bathroom was large, spotless, and had fantastic water pressure. Even the little soaps/toiletries were great! Some of the suites have whirlpools, and there are laundry facilities on site.
They offered a continental breakfast that started nice and early. We loved the waffle maker and the toppings offered. They also have toast, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, bacon, eggs, and beverages.
Check out was simple and we even received discount when we presented our Manitoba teaching card. Side-note, we had just gotten it in the mail that morning and didn't even know it worked there!
The only downside is the lack of restaurant on the premises. There is a Boston Pizza across the parking lot, about a 3 minute walk away. However, in -35 weather I wasn't too keen on walking that far. Not pet friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book the Days Inn and Suites Thompson on your next trip to the nickel city for ideal location, value, and cleanliness. Situated in the heart of the city on Thompson Drive, we are right next door to Boston Pizza and just a few steps away from Tim Horton’s. In fact you will find everything you need is within walking distance including Thompson’s largest shopping center .Sleep well on a Simmons Beauty Rest mattress in our spacious, quiet, modern rooms featuring complimentary wireless high-speed internet and free local calls so you can stay connected while being away from home. All 74 smoke-free guest rooms feature microwaves, fridges, work desks and a 32” flat panel TV. Upgrade to a suite and find more space with a larger area for work or play along with a 42” flat panel TV. For the ultimate pampering experience, check in to one of our Jacuzzi suites. Our Guest Service Agents are here to assist you 24 hours a day to ensure you have the most pleasant stay possible. Stay fit while on the road with our 24 hour fitness facility, utilize our business center with fax and printing capabilities and take advantage of the guest use laundry facility, all in place for your convenience. Join us in the morning for a full hot complimentary breakfast in the Day Break Cafe, featuring bacon or sausage, eggs, homemade waffles, Tim Horton’s muffins, a variety of cereals from Kellogg’s, selection of yogurts, Minute Maid juices and so much more to ensure your day starts off just right. Plenty of convenient, complimentary parking for vehicles of all sizes. As with all Days Inns, children under 12 stay free with an adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn & Suites - Thompson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Thompson Hotel Thompson
- Thompson Days Inn
- Days Inn & Suites - Thompson Manitoba