“First Time”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Thompson
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time after hearing good things and I'm glad I did. From the moment I walked in it was like they cared about me. The girl that checked me in was pleasant and had a great smile. My room was amazing and the bed was so comfortable. I was here for 4 days and my room was perfect each day, and I watched movies for free (including popcorn)! My free hot breakfast included amazing hash browns! The best part was everyday I returned from work the general manager (Donna) greeted me with a smile like I was returning home from a days work! Great place, great service, great value!

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Evan T
DonnaWilsonGM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Hi Evan,
I am just finding a bunch of old reviews that I missed seeing on Trip Advisor and wanted to still respond to you and let you know how much I appreciate your very kind and excellent review. We sincerely care about our guests and so appreciate that you noticed :)
Take care and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

New management has brought some positives to this hotel. Dvd movies, breakfast, cookies and other details help set this hotel apart. Staff are friendy and far more attentive than previous. I only had trouble with billing. I was over charged compared to what was discussed at reservation time. It was not a huge issue but the staff domt seem to have the power to fix the issue. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
QualityInnThompson, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thanks so much for writing a review and we are so happy you like the new changes. We are really proud of our beautiful hotel and want your stay to always be a great experience. Any invoicing issues will be looked at and we look forward to seeing you again!
Thanks again,

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed with some friends at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. From the friendly, welcoming staff to the nice hot breakfast, this is a place I strongly recommend. The bed was amazing, my room had a kitchenette, and the room was very clean. This new Quality Inn & Suites Hotel (used to be a Suburban Extended Stay) is great for my Choices Hotel points card too! I was in shock when I checked in late and asked if I would like a 'free' movie to watch in my room. And if I wanted to watch two movies, just return the first to get another! The general manager, Donna, was so friendly when I checked out in the morning. This place makes you feel welcomed! I will definitely stay there again! Thanks Donna and staff, I like your place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

So glad you enjoyed your stay! The free movies is new and a big hit . We are looking forward to your next trip back. Stay warm!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel is a nice, clean place to stay. It has free Wi-Fi services, tv, kitchen inside the room, fitness room downstairs, sumptuous breakfast everyday and pet friendly accommodation. I will definitely recommend this place to a friend. Richard the Supervisor was very helpful and friendly to us adding up to all the good things to expect about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Boogie M
QualityInn1, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Was so great to have you stay with us. We love being a pet friendly hotel :) The hot breakfast is just new to us since switching over to Quality Inn & Suites. Thanks for writing a review and we hope to see you next time!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

After a very long 10 hour drive up to Thompson, I checked in to the Quality Hotel. I was welcomed by Richard, and he not only made me feel relaxed after my drive, but also made me fresh coffee (this was at 11pm). The rest of my stay was just as wonderful. Donna (The GM) and her team really know how to treat a guest. The property is in a great location – across the street is Boston Pizza, Tim’s was a block away and the mall is just behind. It is so true what they say about the friendly North! I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Thompson for any reason. Oh – they have Kitchens in all rooms!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing - I would have taken a bed home with me!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Was so great to have you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. Yes, having Tim's so close by is a nice perk and the coffee here at the hotel is pretty good too ;) Richard and the other front desk staff are always happy to help in any way and we are so happy you feel so welcomed. Thanks very much for everything and especially for recommending us on Trip Advisor. See you next time!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect in Thompson, but was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. All staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was really really nice. Very comfortable layout and high ceilings. Larger than average sized bathroom. Kitchen area in room with anything you might need including almost full-sized fridge. Everything looked new and very clean. Bed and pillows extremely comfortable! Nice to have a guest laundry room and area with computer and printer. Breakfast was good every morning and included bacon, eggs, waffles, etc. My small dogs did well here. Close to Boston Pizza and tha main mall. Will definitely stay here again when in Thompson.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi KC,
So happy you enjoyed our hotel. We love the big spacious rooms in our hotel and are very proud of our new brand Quality Inn & Suites. All the rooms come with a kitchenette which makes it a little easier on the budget when travelling and it's nice to be able to cook what you want in your room. I haven't slept on a bed here but I hear it from guests all the time that the beds are really comfy. Good to know the pillows are too :) Glad you liked our new feature of a hot breakfast. Sure smells good in the mornings! Glad your little dogs enjoyed their stay too. I am making up goodie bags for our little fur friends. Your fur babies can enjoy treats on their next trip to visit us. Thanks for recommending us on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Suburban, on different dates. Both times, check in went smooth. Rooms were extremely clean, really like the idea of the kitchen/table area. Beds clean and comfortable, bath and kitchen clean. Quiet building. The breakfast offered was hot and nice way to start the day. Will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we love it that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in being a clean, comfortable, quiet hotel and we hope to see you on your next trip. Stop by my office and say hi :)
Thanks again,