“Great staff and room!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Thompson
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect in Thompson, but was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. All staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was really really nice. Very comfortable layout and high ceilings. Larger than average sized bathroom. Kitchen area in room with anything you might need including almost full-sized fridge. Everything looked new and very clean. Bed and pillows extremely comfortable! Nice to have a guest laundry room and area with computer and printer. Breakfast was good every morning and included bacon, eggs, waffles, etc. My small dogs did well here. Close to Boston Pizza and tha main mall. Will definitely stay here again when in Thompson.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInn1, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Hi KC,
So happy you enjoyed our hotel. We love the big spacious rooms in our hotel and are very proud of our new brand Quality Inn & Suites. All the rooms come with a kitchenette which makes it a little easier on the budget when travelling and it's nice to be able to cook what you want in your room. I haven't slept on a bed here but I hear it from guests all the time that the beds are really comfy. Good to know the pillows are too :) Glad you liked our new feature of a hot breakfast. Sure smells good in the mornings! Glad your little dogs enjoyed their stay too. I am making up goodie bags for our little fur friends. Your fur babies can enjoy treats on their next trip to visit us. Thanks for recommending us on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Suburban, on different dates. Both times, check in went smooth. Rooms were extremely clean, really like the idea of the kitchen/table area. Beds clean and comfortable, bath and kitchen clean. Quiet building. The breakfast offered was hot and nice way to start the day. Will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we love it that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in being a clean, comfortable, quiet hotel and we hope to see you on your next trip. Stop by my office and say hi :)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wow, best hotel in Manitoba compared to the other hotels there I can confidently say, because during my stay, I had the best services, they had good breakfast service which was free and yummy for tummy, large room and large fridge, all this great service for a best amount of price, worth of money still, always they had a huge parking lot, with excellent monitoring, my car was secure with no problem unlike one hotel I was at in the States, my car window was broken for a regular iPad, not forgetting the great supervisor, the guy is a hero, he manages the hotel like its his own, he was at my services at all time, he's friendly as well, even when I was upset, he met my needs, I really respect that, not everybody can be this patient with customers... I will recommend with sweet loving hotel to everyone that will be visiting Manitoba, I value this hotel still

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for giving us feedback! We are really happy that you feel we provide the best service! We are so proud of our hotel and all the new features. The hot breakfast is a new feature that everyone seems to be enjoying. Yes, our rooms are large and people coming for more than one or two nights really appreciate having a large fridge with a freezer. The prices are very good like you say and you're right about the parking lot...we shouldn't run out of parking spaces :) This parking lot is huge! You could literally turn a bus around! Hope to see you on your next trip to Thompson!
Thanks for everything!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had an unfortunate opportunity to experience the Suburban. I say unfortunate because we had a few communities that were evacuated this year, in the north, due to forest fires. The Suburban was able to accomodate many of the evacuees and made everyone feel at home. Having the large fridges was beneficial for those helping the evacuees because it gave us a place to put baby formula, bottled water, milk, fruits and juices for the evacuees. It is only 1 blaock away from a playground and kiddie pool, right behind the mall, a short block away from Boston Pizza and short blocks away from the city transit bus stops. The front desk staff...esp Richard, went above and beyond in helping us.
The friendliness, new feeling, free wi-fi, open spacious laundry room and business centre all made this place a nice surprise for all of us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hi Bobbi,

We were so happy to be able to help the evacuees and glad they felt so at home when they had to be away from their homes. Yes, those large fridges come in handy for extended stays especially and it's nice that all rooms have the kitchenettes with big fridges and freezer. Look forward to seeing you back at the hotel and next time hopefully it's not because of evacuations due to forest fires.

Take care,

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The room was large with a large fridge, microwave, stove and cookware. Everyone is friendly. Breakfast was good and was free. The room was a good value for my money. Will book this hotel next visit for sure. Most welcoming hotel ever. I would suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Hi Audrey,
Thanks for suggesting our hotel to others! Yes, we love our spacious rooms and it sure is convenient for our guests to have those kitchenettes in every room. Free is always good so we are glad you enjoyed breakfast and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My last stay at an Suburban Extended Stay was a few years ago in the Boston MA suburbs. As I hadn't travelled to Thompson MB before, I wasn't sure what to expect in the north. This hotel exceed expectations in all areas including service (thank you for later check-out!), clean, quiet, modern rooms and friendly staff. Will stay here again if travels bring me up to Thompson. I highly recommend this hotel and chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Jim,
So glad you liked enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Since you were here we have switched brands to Quality Inn & Suites but it is the same comfortable spacious rooms, and the only differences are the added features such as a complimentary hot breakfast and free movies and we're even throwing in the free popcorn! Hope to see you on your next trip to Thompson :)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I loved this hotel very much, the location is great, staff are awesome and very helpful, easy check in, rooms are very clean and nice, attached to the mall, and close to Boston pizza, i would recommended to everyone heading to Thomson, the rates are competitive,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thanks so much for staying with us! We just switched over to Quality Inn & Suites and are providing a complimentary hot breakfast which I'm sure you'll enjoy on your next stay. :)