“Winterlude in Churchill”

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Churchill
Cuisines: Pub, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Tundra Inn Restaurant & Pub offers hearty and wholesome pub-style food with a Canadian-Arctic twist. Swap stories with locals and other travelers while you relax with a pint in the pub. Or enjoy our delicious regional cuisine in the comfort of our rustic dining room. Our warm and friendly staff look forward to welcoming you!
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms. Exceptional kitchen area adjoining lobby. Laundry machines available. Local art in common areas gives a good sense of place. Friendly and helpful staff.

There are newer reviews for Tundra Inn Dining Room & Pub

Reviewed April 2, 2013

One of the two restaurants recommended during my short stay in Churchill is the Tundra Lounge & Restaurant owned by the Tundra Inn which is located just across the street.

Tundra comes highly suggested because it offers some truly local culinary delights. Here you sample various meats from Bison to Elk and even Caribou. One Great White Tour company employee still raves about having the Elk meatloaf (US$23) last year and he is excited about having it again this year.

Still stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey from dinner last night, I am at Tundra Inn for lunch.

My choice a Bison Burger, yam fries and a Standard Lager which has a labeling similar to Budweiser. I am told that Standard Lager was on the beer scene long before Bud.

I cannot attest to the veracity of what I am told but what I can tell you is that in my opinion it does taste better than Budweiser.

Maybe if you make it to Churchill, “This Larger And A Bison Burger Might Just Be Right For You.”

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Nothing classy but the food was hearty, warm and nourishing just what was needed when it was blowing a gale and minus 30 outside. The service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We both ordered turkey sandwich with soup.
Was expecting real turkey but it was just the cold cut type and very little. The soup was good. The service was excellent in the restaurant side. We appreciated getting served before the large table of 15 people. On another night, we went to the tavern side and the bargirl was busy yapping with a friend so we didn't get to order anything. She herself and her friend were sharing a pizza. I asked for one for she said it's not on the menu and it was made only for her. We did purchase a beer each.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a great evening out with friends in the bar at the Tundra Inn, went on a Tuesday evening and had chicken wings - they had a great selection of different flavours and the sweet potato fries were great too. Loved the cocktails! There was also live music with an "open mike" session