“Best Restaurant Meals in Town”
Review of Lazy Bear Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Churchill
Lazy Bear Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Churchill
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I didn't stay here but ate 3 main meals here. It would be the best place to stay in town and definitely the best served for meals. This is #1 for meals followed by Seaport close behind then Gypsy's a way back and then Tundra Inn at the end. Tundra had a bunch of weird tasteless food combinations for the same price as Lazy Bear. Lazy Bear looks rustic from the outside and is a little farther down the main street but is well done inside. I had the Arctic char twice that had a big portion, carrots, beets, squash and choice of potato + coffee for $31.31 including tax. The going price, well served.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank e10750law

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Arrived at Churchill after an acceptable train ride from Winnipeg. Lazy Bear meat us at the station and took us to the Lodge. Check in was easy. Room clean but a little sparse. No closet. Beds were good shower was better. Breakfast was included and all you wanted to eat. Their tours are the big thing. The "local" tour was far more informative than I would have guessed. The Beluga Snorkel was excellent. We went twice. Guides were top rate and knew what they were about.

Room Tip: We overlooked the train tracks which was fine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank iantdit
Reviewed August 3, 2013

After a July 44 hour train trip from Winnipeg greeted at the station by Lazy Bear bus for rapid transit to the lodge. Promptly greeted at reception and delighted to find room and welcome shower ready and breakfast buffet open until 10:00 AM! This set the tone for a great two night stay. Colin a wonderful informative tour guide and all tours superb. Got to see a polar bear near the water, many beluga whales and kayaking with whales great fun. The all log construction of the lodge is a marvel and Wally and staff were helpful and clearly care about their guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Robert B
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Well, at my age I thought that I would not be able to do it! Well I wont keep you in suspense I did it, I went Kayaking, I will admit that I had a passenger, Jenafor who directed me amongst the belugas, so many of them and so big, ever so inquisitive creatures, so white, whiter than the polar bears, and their babies who would keep their heads above the water and stare at you. I am not kidding, they nibble the paddle, play with the rudder at the rear of the boat, and bump the boat when again the oldies pop up and stare at you. you can easily pat them. I did learn to paddle, but forgot sometimes when really amongst them. they were everwhere. The best summertime experience I have ever had. The documentaries I have seen on these creatures do not do them justice, they are HUGE not small and lots of fun. The guides Gerald, Colin and Laurens were great in looking after our safety. No rolloever or dippers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank janet074
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have just returned from the lazy bear lodge after an incredible stay, the lodge is beautiful the rooms are more than adequate who needs a large room when you are out all day and have a lovely lounge with a log burner and a restaurant, we ate there for the whole of our stay and the food was lovely the staff are great too nothing is too much trouble for them , it's not licensed but who cares we didn't ,the lodge is very well kept and its very warm and welcoming when you return from your daily excursions , if you are thinking of visiting churchill then please stay here you will not be disappointed , we would definitely return here,and want to say a big thank you to all the staff for making our trip so memorable jim and Margaret goddard

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank maggss2016
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had the best time on our stay in Churchill. The Lazy Bear is really THE only place to stay when you visit this ittle town. Wally and his team make you feel incredibly welcome and you can tell they love what they do. The rooms are compact but clean and functional and the lounge with its log burner is a cosy place to catch up with new friends on the polar bear sightings of the day! We will remember our stay there forever.

Room Tip: The optional trip arranged through the lodge for groups to go dog sledding with a local agent, prove...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank BasilBrush_12
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My Family of Five came to Churchill with expectations of backwoods level of sleeping and warmed up frozen food, ...To our surprise the Hotel was warm with a wood stove in the common area and electric heat in the bedrooms. Comfortable environment and rooms were large and spacious. The food in the restaurant was a high level of quality We recommend the arctic char, or muskox,"where can you eat delicacies like that". The Polar Bears tours we had were amazing we had a personable tour guide, and the people from all over the world were such a enjoyment to have conversation with, they thought it was great that we were from Manitoba too. our best take away, was the family time we got to spend together, not shopping, just spending quality time together, enjoying our own company and nature My family recommends this trip as a bucket qualifier

BOTTOM LINE
I enjoyed the establishment, the nature, all around recommend the business and the adventure that is Churchill it is the last frontier on the edge of the world.

Room Tip: Polite service workers nice place. might go work there someday!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family