“The best in Churchill - Fun, Food and Friendship”
Review of Bluesky Bed & Sled

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Churchill
Bluesky Bed & Sled
Ranked #1 of 9 Churchill B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Blue Sky Bed and Sled is in the small town of Churchill but feels more like a "lodge" than a house. The décor is great and represents this Northern area well in it's art and furnishings. The rooms are comfortable and clean. More than the actual structure itself is the great greeting and treatment you get from Gerald and Jenn and their associates. You are going to Churchill for some fun and adventure and this is absolutely the best place to stay. Jennifer's breakfasts are gourmet quality and we were fortunate enough to have fresh picked wild cranberries included in many of the meals and desserts. I should mention that it should really be called a Bed, Breakfast and Dessert establishment. The Bannock is delicious and Amy's cookies were scrumptious. Everyone should take a dogsled ride even if there is no snow. I was only mildly interested when I booked our trip but this became a highlight of our stay - and I think the night ride is even preferable to a day ride. Their facility where the dogs are kept outside of town has such a great atmosphere. It's obvious that they love their dogs and the dogs love them and also love to run and pull the sled. Unfortunately, we had the rare occurrence of not seeing any polar bears during our two days on the Tundra Buggy but Gerald took us out two evenings in their van to try to locate some bears. We did see one at a distance but the excitement of the "hunt" was great. It was kind of like a cross between being with a storm chaser and a safari guide. Great people and a Great time. We hope to return and ,of course, we will stay at Blue Sky with Jenn and Gerald.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Vern_Phyllis

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We went to Churchill to see the polar bears and dog sled. We were welcomed by Jen, Gerald,Tina,Nathan,Amy and Aaron. What a fabulous place to stay. It's homely warm and welcoming. Everywhere is easy walking distance as Churchill isn't that big. The breakfasts at Bluesky are amazing. Jen served up yoghurt with hand picked wild cranberries and homemade granola. Yummy. This was followed by something different everyday, sausage, bacon, eggs and toast and homemade preserves or wild rice and eggs. We were lucky enough to have an evening meal there of moose. This was a first for us and we really enjoyed it. Nothing is too much trouble for Jen and Gerald. We were lucky enough to go dog sledding with Gerald. He truly loves the dogs and they have a no cull policy. This is unusual but an ethical one. We had a fabulous time and our only regret is we couldn't do another. Gerald runs Bluesky expeditions for the sledding. We'd definitely recommend this to anyone. It was fabulous and a holiday to remember. We missed the Aurora Borealis by one night. This gives us an excuse to return again and maybe see the beluga whales.
We saw approximately 15 polar bears on our trip with Tundra Buggy. We booked with Frontiers North and they were really helpful.
Whilst you're there heed the advice given. Polar bears do wander into town. Be careful and be bear aware and you'll have a wonderful time where the memories last a lifetime.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank allotment_7
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We arrived in Churchill on Aug 6, 2013 to see the belugas and the sled dogs. What did we see and do ... saw 6 polar bears, kayaked with the belugas, went for a sled ride with huskies, saw the northern lights and brought home a big bag of wild berries which we picked from the tundra. This is THE place to stay and you can walk anywhere in town within 10 minutes. Jen and Gerald are great hosts, made the most delicious breakfasts ever. With the northern lights, Jen took a group out, she is so passionate and patient, helping people figure out their cameras and how to take pictures of the lights, she even took pics of us and gave us copies of everything. What a memorable mother daughter experience, we will never forget it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank rdgagnon
Reviewed August 9, 2013

B & Bs are not our usual first choice while travelling, but our stay here will likely change our focus and encourage us to enjoy this kind of hospitality again and again. From Jenafor's fantastic "made-to-order" breakfasts to Gerald's tremendous knowledge of the Churchill area and its many wonders, we were treated to a warm family atmosphere and met some amazing new friends. Thanks for letting us be a part of your very busy lives. This was not our last visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ross M
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a great stay at the Bluesky Bed & Sled! Jenafor & Gerald are kind, helpful and fun people who made my trip that much better. The breakfasts are amazing, fresh and yummy and the house is cozy and cute. I loved all of the artwork and decorations throughout the house. I would highly recommend others to stay here and obviously try out the dog sledding/carting :) The house is close to all of the restaurants and gift shops. I can't wait to stay here on my next trip to Churchill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Yes, I returned in the SUMMERTIME. This time spent with my friends Gerald and Jenafor. I was made ever so welcome again. I am going to admit that SUMMERTIME IN CHURCHILL is an underrated vacation. The weather was sunny, and warm. Coming from Australia, this is the place to go and stay in Churchill in the summertime. been here in the other seasons, not comparable. I am coming back in the SUMMER.
I went for quad rides here and there, seeing places that do exist under the snow in the winter, the search for summer polar bears, yes I said polar bears, they were here and it is SUMMERTIME - forget Winter - Now back to the B and B. I met EJ from South Korea and of course all the doggies. Went for dog sled rides, yes without snow, do not laugh, just as exhilarating if not more exciting than in the snow. Not to say the doggies minded they were raring to go before we even got there, you could hear them but could not see them. The willows even had leaves on (not seen before in the winter). Staying at this wonderful BED and BREAKFAST is the most. I will tell all that the breakfasts were unexpectedly different, believe me, see for yourself, but visit in Summer season, for a change. you will see more and do more (belugas everywhere) than you would in the winter. I have already booked my stay in the summertime for next year. ps the prices are very very reasonable, more reasonable than in the winter and you still see - bears. I am repeating myself, an Australian and now prefer Churchill after this wonderful experience. who cares. LOVE THEIR SUMMERTIME

Room Tip: What can I say, your stay at Blue Sky Bed and Sled will be memorable stay, all rooms are quiet and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank janet074
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent a week at the Bluesky Bed and Sled in Churchill, Manitoba, and are already planning our next trip back there. As soon as we walked through the doors, it was like being at home. The home is decorated with pictures, wall hangings, carvings all depicting the heritage and environment of Churchill and of Gerald and Jenafor. The breakfasts were magnificent and our mouths just watered for whatever gourmet plate would be coming our way. The icing on the cake was the dog sled ride, which gave us a feeling of euphoria to the extreme. Polite, knowledgeable, helpful, and truly personable would sum up the host/dog sled musher and the hostesss. The only place that we would stay in Churchill. Top billing. If they offer warm parkas, take the offer. The snorkel hood with fur really keeps out the wind.
Bruce and Ruth Carter

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, the one middle room is a bit smaller, but has everything needed and is...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple