“Pricey”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Too my wife to Remingtons for her birthday. Had been before and not very impressed. Thought I would give it one more try. Staff very friendly and cordial and met all of our needs. Our booth was perfect for the occasion. Ordered the two specials for the day and overall I would say they were good but nothing to write home about. My prime rib was tasty, pink, not rare and certainly not as good as the prime rib at Alberts Restaurant here in Brandon. My wife enjoyed her meal, steak and ribs but I am still not convinced that this is quite worth the prices quoted on the menus.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

The service and food are quite good. It is a little pricey but they do offer up drink and food deals in the lounge.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

The place looks fantastic. There is plenty of room and I'm sure it does get packed but we were the only ones in there. I agree with the other reviewers. I'm a foodie as well as chef and bistro owner. The menu had limited options and were far too overpriced. We just did a late lunch but I don't imagine we'll go back for a dinner. Hopefully the management will read these reviews and make some changes. Brandon is in need of some nice fine dining. Good Luck!

Reviewed February 3, 2012

We had dinner here with about 30 people and made the reservation for 7:30. When we all sat down it took a while for the 1 waiter to take everyone's order of what they wanted to eat.

I think we had only one waiter and there was a cranky girl who sometimes showed up to help clear the tables or bring things out, but she wasn't dedicated to our group. The waiter tried to do everything by the book with the napkin hanging over his arm and he was constantly repositioning that. I fell sorry for the waiter because there were too may people for him to handle, he obviously wasn't experienced enough to do this.

I think we had to wait about 30 minutes before our table even got drinks. By then people at the other tables were ready for a second drink and they had to wait too long before even being able to place an order. People even started making remarks about it, being half way through their beers and talking about ordering another one already to get it before desert..... And that was before we even had a salad.

We had some salads and rolls and finally got our main course by 9..... it was ridiculous.

The restaurant wants to come across like a fancy place to eat and has ditto prices but they can't pull it off. Serving butter in a plastic cup..... seriously.

If I normally like the restaurant and see that the phone number and website are missing I fill it in but in this case, I think it's better if people don't go there. Brandon has better restaurants to offer.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Boring, service seemed no existent. Food was good but it was hard to find someone if you needed it fixed!