“OK Sushi that is somewhat pricy”
Review of Tokyo Zone

Tokyo Zone
Ranked #82 of 136 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone: 204-728-3362. Menu here: http://www.brandonsun2.com/menus/tokyozone_menu.pdf
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am not saying it was bad food because it was not bad, it was average. Had lunch there and I was craving some Japanese food so I had an order of dumplings, miso soup, seaweed salad, and four kinds of sushi. so a few dumplings, a cup of soup, about a 1/4 cup of seaweed salad, and the sushi cost forty dollars.

I know it sounds like a lot of food but it was not. There was a decent selection and it was presented in in plain fashion. I have been to very good Japanese restaurants where they put a great deal of care into the presentation.

What I ate was good but it was nothing special, could have saved thirty dollars if I ate at subway I guess.

1  Thank Bogglin

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The service is fast, informed, and helpful. The food is delicious, and of course, fresh. I ate there for lunch twice and when in town will go back! If you're looking for fast food that's healthy for you, this is the place!

1  Thank Nadine D
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I haven't been to every sushi place in town, but I've been to Tokyo Zone many many times. Bento boxes are good value. I love the wakame salad. Udon soups are good. Tempura is always nice. Is often open quite late on Sundays, which is nice because it can be hard to find a non-chain place in town that's open Sunday. This restaurant is conveniently located on 18th Street, very close to the university. It's often busy, but I've never had to wait. The atmosphere is fine; they've got paper screens up dividing the room and the kitchen is open. It's nice enough. I do have one warning for out of towners: every sushi place I've been to in Brandon uses a crab salad wherever the menu says crab. So if you get a California roll or any other roll that contains crab (which is most of them), there will be a lot of mayo in it! It's hard to get used to. I avoid all the mayo and cream cheese and order spicy tuna rolls.

2  Thank rtw2010
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Let's get the atmosphere thing out of the way. This is an old Booster Juice location that became a Japanese restaurant. But it is on the plate that this place shines. Very good, made to order sushi and related Japanese treats. Many options for vegetarian diners. The all-day bento boxes are good value. Service here is uneven with a seemingly high turn over of wait staff. But if you love Japanese food this is the place in Brandon. The others are not as good, nor are their employment practices something I support.

1  Thank bluesonwhyte
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Yummy sushi and calamari is amazing. Service is lacking. Restaurant is small and cosy, not a lot of atmosphere. Great place for take-out sushi platters, too!

1  Thank Jade1888