“Not very good service, food ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Albert's Bistro
Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: American, Greek, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Behind Lakeview Hotel. Best little restaurant offering Greek Food, Pizza, Seafood, Prime Rib (to die for)
Winnipeg
“Not very good service, food ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We passed through Brandon between the lunch and dinner hour, ~4:00. We stopped there, and when I asked for a table, the waitress went to a table, put down some menus and walked away without saying a word. I don't think she was busy, as there was just one single man there drinking coffee. I thought that was fairly rude. There was a pretty strong chemical type smell in there, which I figured out later may have been her "perfume" of some kind. Pretty unpleasant. The green salad was iceberg lettuce on a plate with a wedge of tomato, and exactly 2 cucumber slices. The prime rib was good, but the Yorkshire pudding inedible. The kids had grilled cheese and enjoyed them. I had the spanikopita. It tasted ok, but seemed reheated in a microwave. Both mine and my husband's baked potato were underdone. We didn't complain about anything as we were in a hurry to get going, but I wouldn't go there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

ontario
“Terrible Prime Rib”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by hotel staff where we were staying... small but cozy. We ordered the queen prime rib which was the feature of the day and were disappointed to say the least...very chewy and hard to eat. The potatoes which were cooked "Greek" style were unseasoned and lacked flavor. When asked I did express my disappointment and was offered something else from the kitchen which I declined. We were given a $20 voucher for next time but travelling so...gave it to the hotel clerk.

• Visited August 2013
Calgary
“Great steak, Great Food in Brandon, MB”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was told of this place by a local. Albert's moves around. Near the Super 8, Behind an Inn and a Subway, next to a large Mini-Putt. Quaint location - yet this place is a little gem! Food and service were great. Known for the Prime-Rib. Had a queen cut - too much, I should have had the Princess cut. Food did not go to waste.

Try it out - very, very good.

CE from YYC

• Visited July 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Come for the Prime Rib!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Beautifully done Prime Rib, with a generous cut!

Service was outstanding and very friendly.

Next time I'm passing through Brandon, I'm stopping again, just to have my fill!

Visited July 2013
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
“Best restaurant in Brandon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I go there often and have tried many of the menu items. They've all been excellent. Home-made soups, fantastic prime rib, great Greek specialties. All very moderately priced. The only downside is the ambience - the restaurant is small and crowded and very brightly lit. But if you want good food, this is the place to go.

• Visited June 2013