“Nice stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chelsea, Canada
“Nice stay!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed 1 night as we were on a road trip. The reception clerk Victoria was very friendly and informative. We stayed in a very nice room with two queen-sized bed. There was a very small fridge and an equally very small bathroom. There were a lot of breakfast items including bagels, cereal, eggs and sausages.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria D, Operations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Brandon, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for the review. I appreciate the positive comment. As we work at updating our standard rooms, we plan on adding a larger fridge to each room. Our standard rooms are configured in a manner that one person may use the bathroom/shower facilities while another uses the sink area. The flexibility of this design has received many positive comments. Should you prefer a more generous size bathroom, I encourage you to try one of our new suites. Thanks again for taking the time to write this review and I look forward to you staying with us again when you are in the Brandon area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melfort, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed the weekend of June 20th for 2 nights. Hotel and the room we stayed in were nice and clean. I liked how there were both a fridge and a microwave in the room. Beds were comfortable. We stayed in an accessible room and although I am not in a wheelchair I do have limited mobility and would have liked there to be a walk in shower instead of a tub, or at least handle bars that went all the way to the tub to make it easier to step in and out of.

The breakfast was very picked over both mornings, but the couple hot options that were left - greasy sausage and bland egg type things - were not very good anyway. They could use a breakfast attendant to keep things better stocked rather than leaving the front desk agent do double duty. Sadly this seems to be a trend in these types of hotels.

The front desk staff during our stay were neither rude nor polite, just indifferent. A courtesy call would be nice after we checked into our room but that's a minor issue and it was late. My biggest complaint is that upon going to check out, I didn't even get asked how our stay was. The girl just asked what method of payment I was going to use. I think it should be standard practice to ask guests how they enjoyed their stay. If you're going to be in the hospitality business, at least play the part!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry that your stay with us was not great. I am happy to hear that you found your room nice and clean and appreciated the fridge and microwave in your room. We take pride in offering a comfortable bed. I have definitely spoken with the guest service agent who was working when you checked out. We encourage all staff members to ask for guest feedback. We continue to look for products to add and improve our hot buffet style breakfast. Thank you for your time and comments.

Victoria
Brandon
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed while looking for a new home. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. The pool was pretty straight forward for the kids and nice aitting areas if you just want to hang out. I have been staying at A few different hotels lately so I am bias when it comes to the breakfast. Days in could use a bit more variety, the waffles were good (could be better if whipped cream was available mmmm) I wasn't a fan of the bacon though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

BrooksDave, Operations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Brandon, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review. We appreciate that you found our hotel clean and the staff friendly. Our hot buffet style breakfast is a positive with many of our guests. Depending on the days, we are happy to offer sausage/ bacon, eggs, make it fresh waffles as well as a variety of muffins, yogurt and juices. I definitely will look into your suggestions and see how feasible it is to add. We are always on the look out for new product. Thanks again and we hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the city.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I had never stayed at the Days Inn and was pleasantly surprised. It was a nice stay. I had a clean room and enjoyed the quiet location. The bonus was the in-room refrigerator, since I normally have to request one. I didn't get to try the breakfast, as it seemed a little too busy at the time and I preferred not to wait. Each time I walked in, I was pleasantly greeted by the desk attendant. Overall, good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that you found the rooms clean and staff friendly. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in Brandon.