All reviewscrock potstewshort staygreat place to staycomplimentary soupwaffleswould recommend this hotel to anyonehome away from homehave stayed here many timesking suiteroom was cleanfree breakfasteasy accesscomfortable stayexcellent stayright next doorcoffee maker
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I spent one night at the Lakeview hotel in Brandon with my 85 year old mother. This is the first time my mother has ever said that she had a wonderful sleep in a hotel room. I was so cozy under the duvet that I did not want to get out of bed. This is the first time I did not wake up with a backache from sleeping on a hotel bed. The bed was so comfortable that you really do not want to get out of it in the morning. I also bring my pillow from home but for this hotel you don't need to do that as they too were great.

The free breakfast was better than most hotels. I made myself a waffle and it was very good. They had eggs, muffins, cereal, juice, coffee, yogurt, etc. You don't leave there hungry.

The room was spotlessly clean and large. I have to say this was one of the best hotels I have ever been in for any length of stay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Had the oportunity to stay in this hotel just recently. We chose to stay in one of their suites which was very roomy and well set up. The bedroom area was separate in that there was a beautiful set of french doors which closed off from the main sitting area. The doors not only added a special flare to the room but were also sound proof. Extra privacy was added to the doors with a curtain that pulled across and suited nicely with the rest of the decor. The bed and linens were fresh and very comfortable. The bedroom area and the sitting area both had their own separate TV's and controls. Movie rentals were free at the front desk. The sitting area had a pull out couch, extra accent chair, dining table and chairs, microwave, sink, fridge, coffee maker. The bathroom was roomy and the tub/shower very nice. The staff were courteous and professional. The continental breakfast area was in a well lit room and along with the usual breakfast items, cereal, toast, muffins, were two waffle makers to mix up a fresh batch for your liking. Although we did not utilize the pool or excercise room, they seemed very adequate. There are many restaurants and shopping very close to the hotel and is right off the TransCanada Highway.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone from couples, to families, or sports teams.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We had booked a suite. Upon arriving at the hotel, check-in was quick and efficient. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. From there, however, things began to go downhill.

Our room smelled heavily of stale cigarette smoke, even though I had booked non-smoking online. The coffeemaker was uncleaned, and the glass on the suite divider was dirty. Onerall, the room had a dirty feel to it.

Upon pulling out the fold-out couch, we discovered an insect trap with two baby bedbugs in it. We were tempted to check out immediately, but there was nowhere else to go. My wife called the front desk and asked if there had been any complaints of bedbugs. The front staff claimed that they were unaware of any complaints and quckly changed the subject to a renovation two years ago. We gave Lakeview benefit of the doubt and stayed overnight, but got all our stuff to the car, so as not to take any critters with us. My brother in law slept on the pull-out couch and had bug bites the next am.

Wireless internet was almost as slow as dial-up.

The location is just off the Trans canada, so it is easy to get to. As far as amenities, the icemaker was broken, and their toaster broke at breakfast. The breakfast, advertised as continental plus, consisted of coffee, muffins, bagels, toast, juice,milk, and waffles. However, the breakfast area was woefully insufficient to serve all guests. Lineups were huge, and we ended up just having coffee.

The pool area appeared clean, but we did not use it.

The rooms have a lot of semi and highway noise.

Overall I am dissappointed that a hotel of this caliber would choose to rent out a room that has a known bedbug problem. Cleanliness was substandard. I have stayed at low budget hotels that were cleaner. Needless to say, this is the first and last time we will stay at a Lakeview property.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank friendship7
gmbrandon, General Manager at Lakeview Inns & Suites - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2010

The Lakeview Inn & Suites takes comments or concerns regarding bed bugs very seriously. We have many policies and procedures in place to ensure that we are and remain bed bug free. All our staff have taken the bed bug training course and are trained to be aware and alert to any signs of activity. All our rooms are inspected daily by the housekeeping staff and monthly by a professional pest control company who inspects the entire hotel for any signs of pest activity, not just bed bugs, and they have ensured me that we do not have any pest activity.
The staff and management at the Lakeview Inn & Suites work very hard and remain diligent on a daily basis to make sure our rooms are clean, comfortable and pest free so we may give every guest the best possible experience we can when they stay with us.

Reviewed October 28, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year, as a single traveler it was great. And was even better traveling with family later on. The staff have always been extremly friendly and when a remote was missing from the room it took them mere seconds to round up a new one for me. The rooms themselves are very large, and look brand new. The beds are probably the most comfortable beds I have ever encountered in a hotel room!
You cant beat the breakfast that is served in the main lobby. There is a great selection of cereals, and other items, and the make it yourself waffles are an added bonus!
I have stayed at several other hotels in the city, and this one beats them all by far! I definitly will stay there anytime I am in Brandon.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This was our first time at this hotel. We booked it based upon reviews at trip advisor - thank you. We were not disappointed.
The room was clean, quiet and the beds were extremely comfortable - crisp, clean duvets and soft cozy pillows.
The bathroom was very clean - seemed to be renovated recently.
Cookies in the room a nice touch.
Satellite TV
Workout room - very small with only a treadmill and elliptical with one TV- I did appreciate that the window opened so that some fresh air could come in. A fan and water would make this a bit better.
The pool is small and basic, but there is a nice patio outside if you are there in the summer.
Staff very friendly.
Breakfast was typical - waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. We ate late in the morning, but there was still a good selection of everything.
Generally quiet, although you could here doors slamming and neighbors using their bathrooms in the morning.
We stayed in Regina at the Travelodge the weekend before, paid WAY more money for the room, got no free breakfast and the room wasn't nearly as clean or comfortable.
Apparently the restaurant (Albert's I think) behind the hotel is supposed to be very good.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple