“not bad at all”

Lakeview Inns & Suites - Brandon
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am writing my review while I am sitting on the bed at the Lakeview inn and suites in Brandon Manitoba. I am here to accompany my husband who is here for buisness (8 days stay).
The pros: Staff fantastic, the room very clean, no bed bugs ( I did my strict inspection), no mold smell anywhere in the hotel, nice breakfast( continental plus, no meat but that's fine), Microwave, coffemaker and mini fridge in the bedroom. A few restaurant at a walking distance. They have some suite, meant for extended stay ( but you will not be able to cook meals there, they don't have a kitchennette, no stove or reg size fridge). They have a meeting room available, not very busy, so it's nice when you have to meet clients or doing some buisness in the area. The beds are comfortable enough.

The cons: Far from everything (need a car), no buses in this area, the fitness room (it's the size of a small walk-inn closet, 3 machines, stepps, and treadmill, if you are bigger then 125 pounds you will not even fit in the room, it's that crowded), the pool, very small, I have my doubt on the chemicals being done every day (troubled water, and no smell of chlorine at all), I went everyday for my laps . Old tv's and DVD players in the bedroom, it's blurry most of the time, would be time to change them. The hairdryer in the bathroom almost catch on fire while I was using it, sparkles where coming out of the back and the front of it , I unpluged it immediatly (I have very long hair, so I was a bit afraid). I told them, and they gave me another one right away . The pillows are very old , and not very comfortable. The coffe-maker and the fridge and just next to the bed so you can hear it all night long, but you get use to it after the third night.

I would recommand it to anyone who is just looking for a place to sleep (temporay stay), very clean, very professional staff, respectful, trusthworthy, (I left my jewellry and my electronic devices in the room everyday and I left with everything). If I have to come back, I would without any hesitation.

Room Tip: It's not a place for family ( nothing to do for children except the pool) the kids would be borr...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Lakeview Inns & Suites - Brandon

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a good sleep as this hotel is quiet. Helpful, friendly staff and free dvd movies is a bonus. Nice complementary breakfast. There are many eating choices nearby. It is just off Trans Canada highway, so very easy to get back on your travels. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good experience from reserving the room to checking out. have stayed there several times and each time we have been pleased. the rooms are clean and well stocked with towels etc as well as in room coffee. The breakfast had a good choice of hot and cold items would certainly recommend staying there

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank buffalo2128
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stay a couple of times a year at this hotel in a suite as it has for the most-part met our needs. With two TVs and DVD players, my wife and I get to watch what we want. The unit has a handy kitchenette and the housekeeping is adequate. The rooms themselves are kept in decent repair but it's time for a decor update, or at least the upholstery could be freshened up.

The staff is always pleasant and helpful with light bulb and remote battery replacements, etc. The breakfast area is immediately in front of reception and the food is a step above continental, but always the same and predictable.

There are a few parking stalls in front of the hotel. The rest are behind where it feels less secure and where you have to walk to the ends of the hotel to enter if you have a key. Otherwise you have to go around to the front. This can be a cold walk in a Brandon winter. If you enter from the ends you either take the stairs to the 2nd and 3rd floors or you walk to the middle on the ground floor to its one elevator. The stairway in the lobby only goes up one floor, even though I overheard a receptionist tell someone that she thought it goes up to the 3rd.

The Lakeview Inn & Suites is located in a business area near the Trans-Canada Hwy. A shopping centre with a Walmart and a Montana's restaurant is a short drive down the hill. Oh... and there is no lake and there is no view to speak of.

Room Tip: Main floor rooms have there own doors out to the parking area for easier access if you can find a pa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights when we were in town for a wedding. The rooms were adequate although I wouldn’t call them fancy. But they had everything we needed including a comfortable bed, desk and chair, a small fridge, iron & board, and plenty of storage space.

The staff at the front desk was helpful with check-in and answering questions as none of the wedding guests were from the area.

The complimentary breakfast was good and included waffles, breads, cereal, yogurt, and coffee/tea/juice.

There isn’t much to do in the area but it’s a short drive to the Walmart and other stores.

I don't know anything about Brandon so I can't tell you how it rates against other places in Brandon. But from my travel experiences, it's a good budget hotel that has all of the basics.

We didn't try the pool or gym.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We looked at the reviews and decided to stay there. The hotel itself is nice and we were greeted by really pleasant staff. When we got up to our room. The bathroom walls really needed to be washed. The room is quite outdated. I sat on the bed and it was as hard as a rock. I don't like firm mattresses and this was extremely firm. The tv is very old style. We called down to see if there were any more rooms with comfortable beds. They said the hotel had all the same beds. We went for continental breakfast, which was very nice and had quite a selection. I really felt this hotel was really not at all worth the price we paid. I wouldn't stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Nice room for the price. Check in was speedy room was clean. The only issue was that the tv didn't work in the room. We didn't find this out until almost midnight. The night clerk came to the room to fix it to no avail. The morning clerk was not snotty about it and we didn't have to suggest compensation for it. The staff were very professional.

In the end they gave us a very nice discount for our troubles.

I also enjoyed that our room had a garden door that faced the parking lot and allowed easy access with our luggage.

• Stayed: September 2012