“Great place to stay when visiting family”

Lakeview Inns & Suites - Brandon
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife/daughter and I have stayed at Lakeview on several occasions and always enjoyed it. We have always booked the one bedroom suite which is a good size and allows for our daughter to be in bed early without the distraction of the tv, etc.

Staff is efficient and friendly - rooms are cleaned promptly. Pool is small but keeps my kid happy! Free breakfast is always nice.

Solid choice at a decent price.

Room Tip: Rooms beside the laundry vibrate incredibly when their staff is doing the bedding/laundry.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dobiezeke

Reviewed April 4, 2012

IT WAS AN AMAZING STAY AND THE FRONT DESK GUY MIKE WAS SOOOOOOOOOO HOT! HE MADE MY NIGHT. I called down and ask about the free video movies and he was very friendly and curtious! All the staff were wayy above average. The Front Desk staff were friendly and the Bistro across the way was just the cherry on top!

Room Tip: All rooms are great just ask the front desk workers and they will be happy to assist you!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed at the Lakeview Inn and Suites in early March. The hotel was clean quiet and comfortable. We booked a suite as it was reasonably priced.

The suite included a private bedroom with a king sized bed, a full bathroom and a livingroom area with a wet bar, pull out couch/hideabed and chair. It was also equipt with a mini fridge and microwave. The hotel room had two TV's and DVD players which made it nice if children wanted to watch something on one TV in a diffrent room.

The hotel had a small pool and work out room. The pool area was clean and the kids seemed to enjoy it.

They offered free DVD rentals to all guests which was nice.

The offered a free continental breakfast in the mornings with a waffle station, cold cereal, toast, fruit and muffins. Coffee, Tea, Juice and milk was available also.

The lady cleaning up the breakfast was most helpfull when we arrived late and everything was shut off, she allowed us to still enjoy the breakfast.

Overall we had a great stay, at it was very reasonably priced compaired to other hotels in Brandon.

Room Tip: For the little more that it will cost, book a suite and you will have that much more room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is a decent hotel. The reception is warm and cozy and there's a small pool that looks well maintained. The room came with all the usual amenities plus a mini fridge and microwave. The bed was quite firm if you like it that way. They are still using the old tube tv so some things could use an update. Also my room could have done with a little touch up paint, the wear and tear is beginning to show. The continental breakfast offered do-it yourself waffles, but not much else for a hot food selection. There was the usual cereals, begals, and muffins plus hot beverages. There are outlets in the parking lot if you need to plug in your vehicle. overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My daughter and I had a great stay! Rooms are super clean and inviting! I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Suites are a reasonable price and made it easy for me to put my little one to bed early.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the Lakeview Inn and Suites in Brandon late in August. This was my second stay at the hotel, both times on business, and I have been very pleased with the accommodations on both occasions.

I chose to book the room with the king-size bed, solely because the room also includes a comfortable chair, rather than just the desk chair. The room was clearn, comfortable and quiet. I had encountered a couple of families with young children in the hallway when first arriving and was afraid it might be noisy, but there wasn't a sound.

The only criticism I'd have -- and this is minor -- is that the breakfast room is small and crowded, almost as though it was an afterthought. Still, the included breakfast is a welcome convenience.

Although the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, just across the parking lot is Albert's. Although it's advertised as a family restaurant, it's considerably more than that. Delicious food -- and you don't even have to take the car!

All in all, I'd stay here again, whether travelling on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Lorief
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at Lakeview Inn and Suites on August 18, 2011 and really enjoyed our stay. My husband and two children and I stayed here for a night after a two week road trip across Canada and just wanted somewhere close to the main. We usually stay at the Comfort Inn but that is another review. The hotel looks like a big cottage and has the "cottage feel" to it. The front desk had ample space and was attached to the breakfast room. Coffee, tea, juice and fruit are available 24/7 which is nice after a long trip. We had a room on the first floor with drive up parking which I recommend as it was really easy to load and unload our luggage. The two queen beds are super comfortable. The room had a fridge, microwave and it's own coffee station (not on the table) which is very nice. The toiletries are from Bath and Body works which I use regularly. I wish they had provided two shampoos as we did indicate there were four of us :(. There was a big black mark on the carpet but besides that the room was clean. We used the pool very small but did the job and also took advantage of the free movies! They offer microwave popcorn for $1 at the front desk to go along with your movie and the kids just loved it!! I myself liked the cookie that was waiting for you by the coffee machine upon arrival. The next time we stay in Brandon or elsewhere Lakeview Inn and Suites operates we will be for sure be staying there!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family