All reviewscrock potstewshort staygreat place to staycomplimentary soupwaffleswould recommend this hotel to anyonehome away from homehave stayed here many timesking suiteroom was cleanfree breakfasteasy accesscomfortable stayexcellent stayexercise roomright next door
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I spend quite a few nights in hotels with my job and many of them are spent in the Brandon area. I've stayed in just about every hotel in Brandon.

Lakeview is by far the nicest hotel in the area! Quiet, spacious, comfortable rooms and the location just off the Trans-Canada highway is very convenient. The continental breakfast is very good and i've always had a good night's sleep in their cozy beds. The free movie rental service is a nice touch that makes this hotel seem like a home away from home.

I can't comment on the pool area because I haven't used it but it seemed clean though i didn't see a hot tub.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank arlinfriesen
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Check-in was quick. Clean and comfortable. Breakfasts have a good standard variety of cereals, waffle maker, breads, etc. Cleaning staff do a great job. Pool area is clean and quiet. Fitness room has treadmill, eliptical and stair climber and everything is in good working order. DVDs in a dispensing machine and are free if returned before 4:00pm the next day however, I did not want to insert my credit card to get one.

Wireless room internet can be very slow at times which made it frustrating to get some work completed.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2010

This hotel met one of my most important requirements - cleanliness. I'm quite picky about this aspect and was not disappointed. Hotel is also modern and well decorated. The price was good as well.

We stayed in a suite, which meant two televisions with a variety of channels which works out well for a family. Movies are available to borrow for free and each television had a DVD player, unfortunately one of the DVD players didn't work that well. Bathroom was large, but two sleeping areas were small. I had assumed incorrectly that there would be a hot tub since there was a pool. Pool was fairly small (looked a lot larger in the photos online), but kids enjoyed it, however they did say it was quite cold. Continental breakfast included waffles, eggs, toast, cereal, fruit.

Overall, I was quite impressed with this hotel, it was quiet, comfortable, affordable, modern and clean. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was adequate. The pool was being repaired so we did not go in. The breakfast was all right but not terrific. There was no staff dedicated to cleaning the area and the tables were sticky as well as some items needed to be restocked. The free movies were a great feature. Our room was clean and well stocked. The bathroom was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Great place. Very clean. Comfortable bed. Fair breakfast. Convenient location close to the highway, you need a car anyway if you stay in Brandon.
Pool is very small, if it's important for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business