“Go anywhere else, FAST!!!”
Review of Redwood Motor Inn

Redwood Motor Inn
Redwood Motor Inn
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed September 8, 2013

By far the worst place we've ever ( almost) stayed. Thought it was an abandoned building when we drove up. Pool was down, hot tub was down room was dirty, pillows were stained. Went for dinner then got our luggage and left. Went up the street to a major hotel, well worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Run, anywhere but here!
Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMredwood, Manager at Redwood Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for comment us, we try to change what we missed point to care our valued customers opinions.

Recently, We replaced amenities and Rate, also management team too. if you have any unpleasant staying with us. Please let me know I will take of it.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is a dive , between the lack of housekeeping ( broken glass on floor ) tenant 2 rooms down urinating in his doorway, unclean washroom,( no toilet) paper .... By far the worst motel of the 7 on our trip. Had our three children with us, I guess we should have read all the previous bad reviews. The woman at the desk was nice, and forwarded our complaint to the manager , who in turn approached my wife in the breakfast room and handed her a $20 refund. We could care less about the $ , it's too bad because this could be a nice motel!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for let us know what was feeling on you staying with us.

We are regret missed the points what we have to care for our valued customers opinion.
Recently, we try to change Rate and furniture and even the management team too.
Hopefully, This efforts are working well to our customer for their comfortable staying with us.

if there is any unpleasant issue, please let me know I will take care of it.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here while making a fast trip to Manitoba. It was a great place for a lone woman to stay with entrance from an interior door. Breakfast was not the greatest but they had lots to chose from. And their inside swimming pool was really nice and refreshing. The little workout area was ok. The location was great with a Wal Mart right down the road.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Deluxe bedroom and it was stocked with a small fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My family & I stayed at this motel for 2 nights. First impressions of our room was that it smelled very old and musty. We had to go to a store to get an air freshener so the room wouldn't smell bad. The furniture reminded me of old 2nd hand furniture. The room consisted of a queen size bed which was surprisingly comfortable and a pull out couch that I think was broken. All fixtures are original (old). The tv was new as it was a flat screen (small) and the tub/shower was newer but had no plug for a bath. The soap provided was no bigger than a toonie. The locks for the outside door and inside door were chain locks only. The lock on the door handle was broken. The towels provided were old blue thin towels. On the positive side the continental breakfast provided was good, but very limited. Hot and cold cereal, toast, make your own waffles and different juices and fresh fruit. This motel needs alot of TLC....If the owners are reading this, they need to renovate badly, othewise I don't know how much longer they can stay in business.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cougar63
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at the Redwood with my wife since the rest of our family decided to stay there too for a function we were all attending. Here's an overview of the good and the bad sides of the Redwood:

GOOD

-Location is not bad, on 18th Street fairly close to downtown Brandon, the Trans-Canada Highway and the various stores and attractions on the north side. (This could be a problem if you need to be in the south side, though)

-In a city where room rates are very high, the Redwood's prices are decent - about $80 to $100 on average, from what I could tell.

-Plentiful free parking

-Good selection of TV channels

-Free coffee and cereal (not quite what I'd call a "continental breakfast", but whatever)

-Beds were pretty comfortable

-There were a couple of computers set up off the lobby and the place advertises free Wi-Fi (which I didn't use so I can't vouch for)

BAD

-Poorly maintained property with a number of things left damaged and unrepaired

-Some of the worst towels I have ever seen in a hotel room. Seriously, you can buy cheap hotel towels by the bushel and they would be an improvement over these rags. This would not be a big deal if the room were $40 a night, but at double that rate (which is what we paid) I would think the owners could part with a few bucks and provide some decent towels and toiletries.

-An overall dingy and shabby feel that you simply would not expect at this price. The owners clearly try to go the extra mile with wi-fi, a continental breakfast, a hot tub and some other frills, but they fail to deliver on the fundamentals.

Unless price is a major stumbling block, I'd say shell out the few extra dollars and go for a better hotel. Normally I'm fine with the cheaper alternative, but the Redwood is not cheap and still doesn't really manage to deliver a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank patrolman_pete
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Smoke detectors have batteries put in backwards to keep them from going off since the steam from showers set them off. Old, worn out, thick dirt in corners, all around bad place to stay. For $69 night I expected better than this dump.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2010

This place is so gross words cannot express ! Dirty run down rooms , old worn stained towels , uncomfortable beds and a general feeling of EW ! I will never stay here again ! gross , gross , gross ......

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family