“Comfortable Updated Room and Friendly Staff”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The room was comfortable and the furnishings were recently updated. The bed was firm but comfortable and there was a larger than usual hotel room fridge. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The selection of items for breakfast was very good. There was a good variety of each item (ie. 4 kinds of yogurt, toast, bagels, cereal, waffles, pastries and fruit). There was also eggs and sausage which were good but could have been a bit warmer.
I would recommend this hotel if visiting Brandon or the area

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and backed onto a grassed area so it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lizkcbrian
GeneralManagercn236, Assistant Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Lizkcbrian,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are very pleased with our renovations and are glad you agree. We do offer a wide selection for breakfast so after a good night’s rest our guests can start their day off right!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Room was clean and had been recently updated. We were on the main floor which has patio doors. Nice to unload and load the car. There was also a grill out back if you wanted to cook your own meal. Place was clean and quiet. If you are an early riser there is hot coffee by the ice machine. Otherwise, breakfast starts at 7am.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review Mary G! Our guests are our best advertising and we appreciate you letting other future visitors know of our offerings.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Travelling across canada, last minute we stopped and stayed here. The front receptionist was excellent, very nice, knowledgeable, polite. The rooms were very clean. Beds were comfortable, different kids of pillow (soft,hard ) which was awesome. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. Lots of options, the staff was very kind, helpful, the sitting area was beautiful nice leather seats. I would defiantly stay here again. Cleanest one I've ever been to !!

• Stayed: August 2014

Tiffany2089,

It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback from our guests. We truly appreciate that you took the time to leave your comments and are hoping you will return to Brandon in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked hear because we like comfort Inn. We were not dissappointed. Nice room comfortable bed. Hot Breakfast in the morning.We stayed one night july25th 2014.Located next to Mcdonalds restraunts.Was a little more then we wanted to pay .But we did get a seniors rate which helped. Staff was friendly and helpful .I would stay there again

Room Tip: Bottom floors have patio doors to outside. With chairs to sit on
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. We are glad to hear you were not disappointed and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Attended a family birthday party and needed just a quick one nighted. Generally have been satisfied with the Comfort Inn chain for good basic accommodation, and this property provided just that. The room was clean, it was quiet, and the breakfast that was included was pretty decent. It's located at the very northerly end of Brandon, with access just off the Trans Canada Highway. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. Make no mistake, this is not the Ritz, but it's a good, reasonably priced place to lay your head. Only complaint I had was that the pillows were a bit soft. However, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: we had a 2nd floor room and it was quiet. No idea about other rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Brandon Comfort Inn. We are so happy we were able to meet your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The rooms were supposedly "updated" but they were very dated. Furniture and carpet was worn down and hard on the eyes. There is no elevator in this hotel so no wheelchairs! As soon as you walk in you see staff in extremely overwashed and eyesore uniforms. (I would recommend this hotel spend some money on some little updates.) Our sofabed in the room was very dirty with food crumbs and a pocket knife (imagine if my toddler found that first??)
When I made my reservation I indicated a feather free room. When i got there, it felt to me that the pillows and duvet had feathers. Since my allergies are really bad, I consulted with the evening staff. Evening staff was unaware if the room did not have feathers, but when she came up she agreed with me that there WERE feathers in the pillow and duvet. I had to remove everything and my family was expected to sleep without a pillow. (Lucky for me, I had packed some in our car because we were on our way to camping.) When I asked what we were to do if I did not have pillows, she basically told me she didn't know.....I was very disappointed with this answer. So we had no duvet or pillows in my room. The evening staff did bring me some extra very thin blankets and offered to change our rooms because of the sofa bed. We were already unpacked and came from a long day with a toddler, so we did not have the energy to move after my child was so exhausted. It wouldn't have changed the blanket and pillow problem, just the knife problem.

In the morning I was told by the manager that there rooms are featherless. So my question is, why does all staff not know this, as the evening staff did agree with me that there were feathers in the quilt and pillows....The manager, Darlene, did not seem to think it was a problem that there was a knife in our dirty sofa and that we would have been made to sleep with out pillows if I did not bring them. It was my fault that the pillows felt like feathers....? Not happy about this customer service either.

The only redeeming quality about this hotel was the free breakfast in the morning. Scrambled eggs, bacon, muffins, pastries, bagels, toast, creamcheese, waffles, juices, coffee/tea, cereals, apples and bananas.

I would recommend spending an extra $20 and staying somewhere nearby. I was also led to believe there was a pool in this hotel, and there is not. There is a Best Western nearby that is supposed to be awesome, as well as a Super 8.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagercn236, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and again we truly apologize for your negative experience with us.
Our property was renovated from top to bottom in May 2013 and we are happy that you did enjoy our breakfast to make your day a bit better.
Our housekeeping standards have been revisited with my Team regarding the dirty sofa bed and I have also ensured all our newest members of our Team are aware that we do not carry any feather products whatsoever for the very reason that our guests may be allergic to them. All of our prillows and duvert's are microfibre products.
We deeply apologize about this incident and the impression it has left on you. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves on a future visit thru our City.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel has been all renovated and now serves a hot breakfast which is really great. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and was very accommodating. Darlene -- the manager - is a great ambassador for the Comfort Inn chain and went out of her way to make sure that our stay was a great one. Thank you Darlene.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank June1000

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us here in Brandon. We are happy to provide some great service to our guests!
We do hope to see you on your next visit.