Mid-Way Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewscoffee potbar fridgecomfortable bedcontinental breakfastplace to stayfront deskmicrowavesleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Reading other reviews..I'm shocked anyone would ever rate this hotel as "excellent", or "best hotel I've ever stayed in". I was booked in for 3 months for work - totally based on what I read in these reviews. I would've moved out after the first night if I could've, but stayed for a week out of work busy-ness. Floors were filthy, big gross burn-marks on the chairs, wireless didn't work, tub and sink drains completely clogged, freezing cold rooms, something disgusting poured down the side of the night table (as I laid there and stared at it I decided it must be puke), I dropped a pringle on the floor on day 2 and wanted to test out the maid service (lol)... The pringle lived there all week, regardless of the fact that maid service came in every day and smoked while in my room (foreign cig butts in ashtray, and a big ash on the end of the made up bed). I only wish I had taken photos to submit here before I left. GROSS.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank T G
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had driven from Winnipeg to Rivers (where my father was born) but because Rivers has no motel we drove back to Brandon, Found the motel clean and comfortable but did find it difficult conversing with the owner. The price was very good though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very clean, quiet and comfortable.
This is definitely the best motel we've had on our trip across Canada.
TV, movie channels, continental breakfast are all good but our
Interests are cleanliness and a good nights sleep.
We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peteandmo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I checked in here with a friend during a trek from Toronto to Vancouver last summer - we just needed a bed for the night.
The room itself wasn't too bad - but didn't' feel as 'clean' as other hotels/motels I've stayed in.
We woke up to a couple cockroaches in the bathroom the next morning...we were happy to check out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank madlyStefanie
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

It was clean and pleasant enough. Desk clerk seemed bored and uninterested but alright. Slept on pillow shams and with duvet cover whichever made me wonder.... I wrapped the pillow in a towel before putting my face near it.

• Stayed: June 2013