“TALLPINE lodges...”
Review of West Hawk Lake

Ranked #76 of 456 things to do in Manitoba
More attraction details
Owner description: Plunging more than 400 feet, this is the deepest lake in Manitoba.
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“TALLPINE lodges...”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Well, general speaking was a great getaway! The only thing I suggest the owners is to have a DISHWASHER. Not saying in every cabin, but, YES, dishes need to be sanitized properly.
Letter is sent home after you make your reservation, with rules and all the stuff the place offers. Not bad, but should a bit less strict, too many rules on a paper, they should be told, or hand out a hard copy at the time of arrival....! That scares people!!!! Hehe
We went to rent a movie, to the one of the stores...., we didnt know they have movies at the office. This should be on THE LETTER!!!! Just saying....
This is my point of view.....general speaking, as I said before, was a good place for JUST COUPLES!!!
Enjoy your stay!!!

1 Thank Just_me582

Prince George, Canada
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Tallpines Lodge”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Tallpines lodge to celebrate our 23rd Anniversary. The cabin exceeded expectations. A couple 5 point deer came around in the evenings that were very friendly. The property is close to everything you would want to do on a long weekend. The scenery in the area was relaxing and enjoyable. We enjoyed being on a property that the general public could not come on to. Hiking was great but the trails we took were rougher terrain than we thought it would be. The Lodge was a home away from home. The only negative thing I would say is that they advertise that Wifi is available for an additional fee but the wifi was not really available at least from our cabin.

Also we went for breakfast at the West Hawk Cafe and they definitely were not prepared for how busy the long weekend would be, they did not seem organized and did not have enough staff on.

1 Thank Gordtgr
Winnipeg
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

West Hawk is a beautiful place nestled between Caddy, Falcon, Lyons, Camp and Hunt Lakes. The water is so clear, clean and warm in the summer to cool off in. Nice townsite with a great hike at the entrance of the campground for fantastic views of the lake. The bar is party central on Saturday and Thursday nights. Must try the borscht at the NiteHawk.

Manitoba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic treasure in West Hawk Lake!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have travelled all over the world and this is still one of our favorite get-aways. A pristine lodge in an aboslutely gorgeous scenic location! The owners are fantastic and very accomodating. The peace and tranquility found here is a truly healing experience. The cabins have everything one could ask for and are extremely clean and well taken care of. The pool is perfect! The lovely town of West Hawk is a short walk and has several very good restaurants. A romantic stroll along the beach admiring the fabulous sunsets, stargazing over the lake a meteor formed and the deer sauntering by are just some of the perks of this location. Your privacy is respected and valued by all. For an extra treat, drive there via Hwy#44 where you will see breathtaking scenery, beautiful farms with fields of canola, corn and hay, lush forests,and clear lakes. Too bad the last 30kms of the road has rough spots however you should slow down and enjoy the beauty anyway!! A terrific, romantic couples retreat!!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank bikers2
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely stay at Tallpine Lodges”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I booked my stay at Tallpines based on the reviews I had heard from friends. I've only heard good things, so finally my husband and I were able to get out of the city and enjoy 5 wonderful days at this resort. The owners were very welcoming and told us everything we needed to know upon check-in, no questions were left unanswered and we were able to enjoy our 5 days in complete privacy (no reason to go to the office to ask more questions).
We decided to splurge and rent the Luxury Plus cottage. What a treat! The place was immaculate and well updated (flat screen TV, beautiful sofas, gorgeous hot tub). I am a stickler for cleanliness, and let me tell you, I didn't see a spot or a speck in that place. My husband made fun of me when we were getting ready to leave as i was cleaning like a fiend, my response to him was, "these people obviously have very high standards, so don't embarrass me by leaving a mess"!!! Good thing we've been married 25 years and he can withstand my abuse! ;)
Another high point of our visit were the deer who roam freely about the property. They're just beautiful, and so tame! They eat right out of your hand! The only wildlife I see in the city is the odd racoon rummaging through my garbage bin! Also the neighborhood coyote.
All in all, we have stayed at alot of different placed over the years and this was one of the best. West Hawk is a lovely area, though to be honest, we were perfectly happy staying in the Tallpines property the entire time! <3
Have a great stay!