“Beautiful”
Review of West Hawk Lake

Ranked #78 of 453 things to do in Manitoba
More attraction details
Owner description: Plunging more than 400 feet, this is the deepest lake in Manitoba.
Winnipeg
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

West Hawk is a beautiful place nestled between Caddy, Falcon, Lyons, Camp and Hunt Lakes. The water is so clear, clean and warm in the summer to cool off in. Nice townsite with a great hike at the entrance of the campground for fantastic views of the lake. The bar is party central on Saturday and Thursday nights. Must try the borscht at the NiteHawk.

Visited August 2012

Manitoba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic treasure in West Hawk Lake!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have travelled all over the world and this is still one of our favorite get-aways. A pristine lodge in an aboslutely gorgeous scenic location! The owners are fantastic and very accomodating. The peace and tranquility found here is a truly healing experience. The cabins have everything one could ask for and are extremely clean and well taken care of. The pool is perfect! The lovely town of West Hawk is a short walk and has several very good restaurants. A romantic stroll along the beach admiring the fabulous sunsets, stargazing over the lake a meteor formed and the deer sauntering by are just some of the perks of this location. Your privacy is respected and valued by all. For an extra treat, drive there via Hwy#44 where you will see breathtaking scenery, beautiful farms with fields of canola, corn and hay, lush forests,and clear lakes. Too bad the last 30kms of the road has rough spots however you should slow down and enjoy the beauty anyway!! A terrific, romantic couples retreat!!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank bikers2
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely stay at Tallpine Lodges”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I booked my stay at Tallpines based on the reviews I had heard from friends. I've only heard good things, so finally my husband and I were able to get out of the city and enjoy 5 wonderful days at this resort. The owners were very welcoming and told us everything we needed to know upon check-in, no questions were left unanswered and we were able to enjoy our 5 days in complete privacy (no reason to go to the office to ask more questions).
We decided to splurge and rent the Luxury Plus cottage. What a treat! The place was immaculate and well updated (flat screen TV, beautiful sofas, gorgeous hot tub). I am a stickler for cleanliness, and let me tell you, I didn't see a spot or a speck in that place. My husband made fun of me when we were getting ready to leave as i was cleaning like a fiend, my response to him was, "these people obviously have very high standards, so don't embarrass me by leaving a mess"!!! Good thing we've been married 25 years and he can withstand my abuse! ;)
Another high point of our visit were the deer who roam freely about the property. They're just beautiful, and so tame! They eat right out of your hand! The only wildlife I see in the city is the odd racoon rummaging through my garbage bin! Also the neighborhood coyote.
All in all, we have stayed at alot of different placed over the years and this was one of the best. West Hawk is a lovely area, though to be honest, we were perfectly happy staying in the Tallpines property the entire time! <3
Have a great stay!

Visited June 2012
6 Thank DanutaN1960
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tall Pine Lodges”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My Husband and i just returned from a very relaxing three day stay at Tall Pine Lodges in West Hawk. I was very surprized and delighted at the size of the cottages and the comfy homey decore. Lovely leather furniture and two televisions, not to mention the great king size bed and lots of comfy pillows. The kitchen was supplied with all the utensile, dishes, pots and linen we needed for the few means we cooked inside, We spent most of the time cooking on the BBQ on the lovely deck that is in front and behine each cottage.
The hot tob and sauna were wonderful. One of our evenings was cool so we enjoyed the heat and relaxation they offered. We went for woodland walks, went canoeing, and biking, all supplies are available right at the lodge so you don't need to bother bringing your own if you would rather not. The owners Brock and Iris are lovely friendly people who go out of there way to make sure you are taken care of. The quiet and relaxing woodland area is also interupted by the lovely deer who will come and feed in the courtyard if somone is sitting out on your deck. They seem to love to watch us also. The bird songs are wonderful to wake up to and we enjoyed our coffee on the deck being serinaded by several different songs. It's early in the season for swimming but the lodges offers a large pool with may comfy chairs and loungers. i can't wait for our next stat at Tall Pines in August when we can swim and sit in the sun by the pool. Thanks so much to the owners for supplying this little hidden jem in the forest in West Hawk area.
R&D

Visited May 2012
5 Thank RJ1313
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“West Hawk Lake Resort”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The cabin was in perfect condition. New sofabed and chair. The mattress' were new and the bedding was excellent! Modern bathroom and kitchen. Wood-burning fire place inside the cabin was excellent. TV with DVD player was new. Even the Sofa bed was comfortable!
Kitchen came with everything you need (except no baking pans for the oven). 2 minute walk to the main road and another 2 minute walk to the beach. Free DVD's in the office (with a ton of selection) The owners are super friendly and are all about making their guests comfortable. Free fire wood as well. We used the outside firepit and the free wood made it that much more enjoyable! I recommend this place to couple and families alike. I would be one of those super picky guests and I had nothing to complain about at all!

Visited May 2012