“Great schnitzels”
Review of Uli's Restaurant

Uli's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Uli's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 141 Restaurants in White Rock
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Martin
Description: Talk about history! Uli's has been a staple on the White Rock strip for 30+ years. Starting with Ulrich Blume, where he transformed his travels into the foundation of our eclectic Euro-inspired menu. Those same values have been apart of us over the years. And now with - his son - Tyson Blume running the show, we've evolved into seasonal euro inspired cooking. We take pride in our true farm to table values by sourcing out products through out British Columbia. Because of this our menu changes slightly every season, that way our customers get only the best and freshest ingredients. We don't just stop at our food. We have an extensive drink list with quirky beers, uncommon wines and pre-prohibition drinks. To top it all off, we love doing tasting events. Combining our love for food and... well... booze. Check us out often for beer and wine sampling perfectly paired with a four course meal. Look forward to seeing you here!
Richmond, Canada
“Great schnitzels”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This place is absolutely wonderful. Has a great atmosphere which makes the dining experience all the more enjoyable. We both tried had the schnitzel and it was wonderful. The rest of the menu looked very interesting and well definitely be back to try some more!

White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
“Local hangout”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is our go-to spot on a Friday night. It's always lively. The staff is very friendly. High quality pub food with some interesting variations, the duck being my favourite. Excellent beer menu and if an Old-Fashioned is your thing, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Disappointing.”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Like most other reviewers it has been a while since we were in this restaurant. Menu very limited and nothing grabbed any of us in fact we almost left at that point and that probably would have been the best thing to do. We had booked but our reserved table (once it was found) was right in front of the door with patrons coming and going all evening and the cool breeze that went with it, note to staff - that is not a good place to seat patrons who have booked several days ahead. Myself and a friend had the risotto (which was a 'special', good, but nothing special), another friend had the schnitzel and the fourth had the fish and chips. No one raved about the food, it was OK but that's all. None of the old blackboard and personal recommendations made by Uli himself, it was a great restaurant back then! Unfortunately we will not be back, which is a shame as Uli made this a great restaurant with innovative menu items and 'something a little different' and it's a pity to see it go so far down.

• Visited January 2014
Tblume77, Owner at Uli's Restaurant, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
ShelagHb,

It pains me to see such a review, I have worked hard to insure that we are not status quo. Since your experience at the restaurant was such I do apologize. As far as the seating is concerned, well we always put ppl that make reservations on the best seats, and those seats on the window are the most requested. I guess we should think in the future about the draft and I will make sure to mention this to my staff when they are organizing the reservations. With regards to the food, well I must say that I have made certain to not just put "normal, non interesting" items on the menu. For example - pork belly, duck confit, an elk steak, venison carpaccio. But yes, I do agree that it can be improved. And we are excited to make even more changes with even more out of the ordinary menu items for this spring. Shelag do now write us off, we are a very progressive restaurant and although we do not get it right 100% of the time, we are very proud of how we have grown with the times. My father Uli, definitely did things different however we share one very important all encompassing focus, and that is that we do everything to make our guests have a wonderful experience. So please if you wish contact me through the Ulis email. Dine@ulisrestaurant.com so that I can help encourage you to visit us again.

Tyson Blume
Owner
Kelowna, Canada
“Recommend the Gnocchi”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had an enjoyable evening with family just before Christmas. I haven't been to this restaurant in years so wasn't sure what to expect. The menu is fairly restricted and nothing really popped at me for dinner. I ordered the gnocchi and must say it was very, very tasty. I'd definitely order it again. The service was very, very good. The place could use a good remodel.

• Visited December 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Good value and tasty food by the sea in White Rock”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I hadn't been to Uli's for a long time and had forgotten how good the food was here. I had the crab cakes with a green salad which were very tasty. However when they say a green salad they mean it - there is nothing but green which I find gets a little tedious to eat, especially if you've gobbled down the crab cakes first! My brother enjoyed a huge chicken and brie sandwich with fries. He got two good sized pieces of grilled chicken mounted on top of a big chunk of brie and a thick slice of focaccia bread. This is a restaurant that focuses on family style food and serves strong coffee that doesn't come out of an espresso machine. There's no lattes served here but there is a heated patio with a good view of the water.

• Visited October 2013