“Hands down, best fish and chips”
Review of Whale's Tale

Whale's Tale
Ranked #46 of 144 Restaurants in White Rock
Langley City, Canada
“Hands down, best fish and chips”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I love this place. Moreso now with the new owners. They're very friendly and the food is top quality and prepared wonderfully. Seafood chowder is my favorite of anywhere and I always get the cod and chips. I eat here about twice a month. I'd be there more if I lived closer. The tartar sauce is fresh and delicious and the coleslaw...I'm not usually a coleslaw fan, but the owner brought be some to try. I am now a fan of HIS coleslaw. Wow. I almost don't want everyone else to know just how good it is here...but if you have to wait, I believe it's worth it. Much healthier than the greasier fare at most other places on the beach. Don't get me wrong, some of the other places are good to, and if you like a more batter-y, crispy fish, you won't get that here. I beautiful light batter with lovely, flaky fish inside is what you'll get at Whale's Tale.

You can also find burgers, quiche and chicken fingers on the menu.

Thank you to the new owners for keeping the premise of 'grease-less' fish and chips and for knocking it out of the park!

• Visited June 2013

Abbotsford, Canada
“Best Fish & Chips EVER!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

My family has been enjoying this little fish & chip place in White Rock for years...great place to pick up fish & chips & take to the beach for a picnic! We love how the owner gives you the friendliest greetings when you arrive & cooks up THE best fish & chips ever! Instead of deep frying the fish, he coats the fish with a really light batter & pan fries each piece! Way healthier & he uses only fresh fish that has been caught that day! We've never been disappointed as every time we come here the fish is just as awesome as the last time!!

Visited August 2012