“One of the best on the beach”
Review of Giraffe Restaurant - CLOSED

Giraffe Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good food, flawless service and one of the nicer atmosphere's on the beach. If it is warm enough, the outside tables have a nice view.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Service was excellent. Cozy and warm but a little outdated interior/decorations in the restaurant. Highly advize reservations. The halibut was flavorful light and beautifully presented. The duck was undercooked and lacked flavor. Wine list limited. Nice for lunch on the patio or a quiet dinner with friends. Definitely try if in the White Rock area. Note: parking is a real challenge unless you have a residents pass, so plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time pre reservation time to find a space.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I went for a special dinner, we had booked a table for 6pm and arrived on time there was only one couple dinning in a small alcove, the waitress was going to put us next to them with only about 1 foot between tables and no other tables were occupied? We decided to sit out on the patio as the weather was still ok.we both ordered the prawn bisque soup which was excellent. For the entrees I had sable fish which was nice but small portion, my. Wife had the special, sole stuffed with salmon mousse and her first taste of the mousse "tasted strange" which I agreed with. The waitress was informed and my wife selected another dish, halibut. By the time her entree arrived mine was finished. We shared a dessert which was complimentary, creme brûlée which was excellent but very small portion. Two coffees to finish, drip coffee and a latte which was Luke warm. The final bill and with no alcohol came to $95 with tip.(15%) so overall not a great experience, would I go back, probably not.

2  Thank David L
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Wonderful food and quite, romantic atmosphere. Located on Marine Drive in White Rock so the views are outstanding.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I was extremely happy with my food and the service at this restaurant. The creme brûlée is a must try it is a nice twist on a classic. Also a great place to enjoy a glass of wine.

1  Thank CFODhilt