Star of the Sea B&B
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ocean Promenade Hotel(White Rock)(Great Value!)
$97
$94
  • Fitness center
$81
Best Western Peace Arch Inn(Surrey)(Great Value!)
$93
$85
$79
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate balconybreakfast was deliciouspanoramic viewjetted tubrobes and slippersa great stayenjoyed our staybeautiful housesteep hillcomfortable bedbeautiful roomeasy accessgreat hostscoffee makerfew blocksvancouver areastay there again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2012

make this B&B a rare find. The minute you walk in the door you experience the hospitality and friendliness of the hosts (Susan and Keith). They go out of their way to make your stay special from serving tasty gourmet breakfasts to providing information on sights, things to do and transportation. Their home is beaufitul and each suite is spacious and comfortable. I loved waking up to a view of the ocean from my bed (Seaforever suite). Finally, the location is ideal - close to the ocean, boutiques, restuarants and downtown Vancouver. Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Angela C
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Let me start by saying that this is my first foray into trip advisor reviewing. Since I use it myself to book accomodation, I thought I would start participating and giving back. In terms of my accomodation at the Star of the Sea, the actual room was fine and suited our needs well. But, there were a couple of things about the hosts that left us uncomfortable staying there. I must say that the hosts were quite condescending towards us at times - not very welcome when you're paying to be there. I found this quite unneccessary. In addition, the woman gave us erroneous information about public transport into Vancouver that ended up taking us an extra 45min through Surrey. Clearly, she did not know the public transport system well. In addition, we found the openness of the house left for little privacy in "house spaces" like the living room or dining room as it is open concept. This was particularly noticeable when the owners were entertaining non-b&b guests in their house one night and were quite jolly and noisy. Considering we had to get up at 5am, this was not welcome, and was quite inappropriate.

I don't like giving a negative review, but I've been to many b&bs and by nature the owners are usually lovely and welcoming. But, this stay stands out in my mind as negative because of the owners' demeanour that really made us feel uncomfortable staying there and giving them our business. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Annatravels55
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We've stayed here for the past two Xmas seasons and couldn't have found better accomodation. Susan and Keith are gret hosts, the house is kept extremely clean, and the varied culinary creations in the morning are excellent. its also quiet. Go to sleep in a comfortable bed and wake up looking over the ocean. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: South eastern room is quite stunning. We always stay in the southwestern jack and jill suite in order to have two bedrooms. The balcony is high, private and a wonderful place to sit when the weather cooperates.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sharingasecret
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed at the Star of the Sea B&B in White Rock BC, for one night unfortunately, it was beautiful, the rooms facing the water offered a wonderful view and were clean and comfortable.

Our hosts, Susan and Keith were great and offered helpful information of the area. Susan's French toast was fantastic. Their home is the best B&B we have stayed in, we wish we were able to stay longer. Regards David & Kerry Sudbury Ontario

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the water
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kipmunk
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed at the Star of the Sea for 6 nights in August, in the Seabreezes 2-room suite. The location is walking distance to the beach. The home is at the top of a hill, about 2 blocks from the "strip". The entire house is in excellent condition: clean, comfortable, modernized, and very private. The balcony off the 2 room suite overlooks the ocean. The sunsets are exquisite - and there are no bugs! The breakfasts were gourmet and delicious, with fruit cup, homemade baked goods, tantalizing egg dishes, pancakes, and preserves made from seasonal local ingredients. The best - homemade cookies on your nightstand for that late night snack. Susan and Keith are the consummate hosts exceeding our expectations. They provided wise tourist advice and pleasant conversation. We peeked in the other room - Seaforever - it is beautifully decorated in blue and white, lots of wiondows, a walk-in closet and a huge bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and walk in shower. The balcony is at the front of the house so perhaps a bit noisier, but the room is very romantic and the bathroom is perfect for those with mobility challenges. This is the best B & B we have stayed in - we will definitely return.
Linda & Richard, Toronto