“Best Steak Dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: Across the street from restaurant use transit stop for bus 354 (Vancouver) and C52 (White Rock).
Description: Onyx is a fresh and innovative twist on a classic Steakhouse. We are devoted to cuisine and wine and we show it off by providing an extensive Wine List and serving top cuts of meat that we dry-age ourselves, in-house. That said, we're not above having a little fun! Come in for a drink, an amazing meal or snacks, and fall in love with a room that instantly relaxes you. Between the diverse menu, the vibe of the room and the energy of our staff, we know that you'll feel comfortable in our hands.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent place to meet friends or cosy dinner for two! The atmosphere is casual or you get come dressed in your finest - either way you feel welcome and comfortable. Highly recommend reservations, as the restaurant is small.
The food is superbly prepared from fresh vegetables, chicken, seafood, pork and they are true stars preparing the best steak, in a variety of cuts, any way you like it.
Can order conventional entrées or a la carte - terrific signature drinks and a wide wine selection.
Service is friendly, informative and attentive.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

On weekend evening, this place was busy. The service was attentive and informed. All of the entries had interesting presentations and were great.Because the space is small it is very noisy, limiting much conversation.
The wine list is somewhat limited while prices are excessive. We will probably return but not anytime soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We both left this place disappointed with both the food and the service. The Green Curry Prawn dish was blasé and lacking in flavour – sort of what I imagine a fast food restaurant might serve. The Salmon Wellington pastry was soggy. When the server did a food quality check and I indicated that the curry was too mild she replied, “Oh, that’s too bad. I’ll have to tell the chef.” Later on, the server left us a wine list to select another glass of wine but never returned. Food seemed overpriced for the quality. Too bad, as the décor got us in the door and we anticipated better. Wouldn’t return.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have lived in the area since 2003. Visited many of the local restaurants. Recently went to this restaurant not realizing it had been here for 3 years already. Arrived at 6PM. Wasn't very full at all which concerned me. The place is very well decorated and has a nice ambiance. Two of us ordered steaks and the other two ordered fish. My steak was one of the best I had eaten before. I have been to some nice steak houses in Chicago as well as VCR and would say this rivals if not beats most. Very well presented dishes. Only fault I had was that the wine list had so many that were either discontinued or out of stock. Service was great too. I think this will be my new favorite local eatery!!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'd give it 3.5 really. Food is tasty but charging downtown Vancouver prices and quality isn't quite as good, on the steaks anyway. Mushrooms were amazing though. Service was really good.

1  Thank Parsnipy