“Just like in France”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I lived in France for a couple of years and every time I go to this restaurant, all the great memories from some great French restaurants are flooding back. This is as real and authentic as it can get. Its my family's guilty pleasure and my 2.1/2 years old favorite restaurant!
outstanding lobster bisque, love the veal liver, the upside down apple pie, so many great dishes, you really cant go wrong.
To top that the owners are a delight to see time and time again, great service everytime.
Fantastic!

1  Thank DJF1
There are newer reviews for Le Vol Au Vent

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The food is always fresh, simple and delicious. The desserts are amazing, cooked by the chef and never disappoint. It is one of those restaurants where they know you and are always friendly, and make you feel really welcome.
We have never experienced poor service here, but it is not a fast food restaurant. It is a place you go to savor the tastes and enjoy the atmosphere.
Last night we had fish and chips - even this was amazing - crisp fish and those amazing skinny fries, just like in France. My son had the seafood salad, which he said was fantastic.
In our opinion, there is no restaurant better than Le Vol au Vent.

1  Thank Mags730
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have eaten at Le Vol Au Vent many times and have never been disappointed. The food is fresh and delicious and is served piping hot on plates that have been warmed. The menu is seasonal, especially themushrooms they serve like chanterelles, and morels...absolutely delicious served as an appetizer in what else- a vol au vent! On my last visit I had an absolutely incredible seafood salad. The salad was a wonderful marriage of crisp cold greens dressed in a light vinaigrette, topped with a melange of seafood, quickly pan fried in olive oil and sprinkled with toasted fennel seeds. The seafood consisted of scallops, mussels, prawns and clams, all in the shell, as well as a small fillet of cod, and one of salmon. There were also calamari. The salad was garnished simply with some fresh lemon, and with a glass of crisp sauvignon blanc...it was an incredible feast! The salad was an astoundingly low $14.95, and came with slices of fresh baguette and butter. It was one of the best meals I have ever eaten... Just a note, as the owner and his wife take an annual vacation every year, the restaurant is closed from Feb 15th, to the end of March. But not to worry...Spring is coming, and in April, so will Le Vol Au Vent. In my opinion... Le Vol Au Vent is the best restaurant in the lower mainland.

1  Thank CathyB70
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I live in the area and find White Rock strip eateries to be 'tourist traps' with mediocre food. Le Vol au Vent is one of very few places I can count on for outstanding food. My daughter and I return again and again for dishes that remind us of our trip to Paris: croque madame, omeletes, crepes and a vast variety of heavenly housemade desserts on display!

The omeletes are outstanding and come with fries and salad with an amazing French vinaigrette.

The fact that it is owned by a husband and wife team adds to the charm, IMO. Service may be slow, but it is genuine, warm and caring. I love the bold colours of the decor -- especially the cool ceiling.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Terrible service. I love this restaurant for the food but the service keeps me from never going there. The restaurant is owned by a husband and wife team and they refuse to hire any help ie waiter/waitress or bus boy. So the service is always slow, and you're constantly surrounded by dirty dishes as they rarely bus the surrounding tables unless they absolutely have to.

1  Thank JD778