“Yeeha!!!!”

Whistler Blackcomb's Coca-Cola Tube Park
Ranked #21 of 102 things to do in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: Feel the wind in your face as you cruise down our exhilarating tubing hill. Located in the Base 2 Zone on Blackcomb Mountain, the Coca-Cola Tube Park offers great fun for the young and the young at heart. There's no skill or equipment required - just a sense of adventure and a desire for excitement. Lanes are 1000' and a state-of-the-art conveyor lift makes travelling to the top a breeze. Primary access via the Excalibur Gondola.
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My son and I paid for a 2 hour session one sunny afternoon and we had a great time!!! Although there is a walk to the travelator which takes you to the top of the hill it doesn't take too long and if you're keen then you're able to achieve quite a number of descents!!! Lane 7 is a single lane and was incredibly fast and so much fun, lane 5 we were able to go down together and I've never laughed and screamed so
much!!! As long as you choose your time to visit wisely it's great value for money and a hugely entertaining way to spend 2hours!!

Reviewed December 29, 2010

This attraction was way oversold - $25 (incl. tax) for 1 person/2 hours - took one hour to get the tube, then another to line up to go up the hill, stand in line, and go down the hill once - then time was up! When my daughters returned back and told me, I went back to the ticket stand the next day to explain what happened. They in no way acknowledged the situation, and told me flat out that they don't give refunds. Then I explained the situation again, and I was offered a gift card, but since the girls paid cash and this was their savings from their allowance, I thought they deserved cash in return. I had to ask them whether their website and advertising meant to convey that children would get one ride down the hill for $25. The supervisor there wouldn't talk to me, but did finally call Guest Relations who authorized a cash refund. Thankfully I was provided with this, but instead of receiving an apology for the bad experience the girls had, I was sternly told that the girls should have come back for a refund themselves when they saw that the line up was long (like this was their fault?). This business should take accountability not to sell tickets when the supply can't keep up with the demand, or at least tell people what the odds are of being able to tube down the hill before they buy the ticket. In my books, this is a high class ski resort, and this particular instance was far below the standard of customer service that we have come to expect from this area. Next time we'll tube at Cypress Mountain.

4  Thank Smartblonde605
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Tubing in Whistler is great fun. Some people in our family do not ski (or snowboard), so going tubing allowed us all to enjoy the snow as a family. I agree with previous comments that even the 'scariest' of slides are not that scary. Younger kids might start on the shorter runs though.
For families with very young kids - under 36in of height - be aware that they won't be allowed to ride. Our daughter was 1.5 when we went and could not ride, so we had to tag-team, which was not a big deal.
As for time to go - we went around 5pm, and it was not crowded at all.

Reviewed April 3, 2009

We went to the tube park today and had a great time. Here are some tips: going in early April we got really warm and had overdressed. We ended up taking off our gloves and jackets and really didn't need the snow pants either. We wished we had worn jeans and a sweatshirt. Secondly, when you go tandem you go a lot faster. We really liked the 6th and 7th lanes (the 8th one was closed.) We caught air several times and really traveled fast to the end. It was a total blast! It's an inexpensive way to enjoy the mountain when you're not a skiier or snowboarder. We had read the review that suggested going at 6:00 but the new hours have it closing at 6:00 so we went late afternoon. An hour was plently of time and we had about 7 runs. We saw several families and everyone was having fun.

4  Thank sun816set
Reviewed March 19, 2009

Went on a recovery day around 6:00 pm which was great since it was dinner time most of the kids and crowds had cleared out. Very inexpensive, fun with friends, and is still good exercise even though there is a magic carpet back to the top.

2  Thank jemape11emegan