“Do NOT ask for a breast... I did, but what they gave me wasn't chicken!”
Review of KFC

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
KFC
Ranked #132 of 190 Restaurants in Whistler
United States
“Do NOT ask for a breast... I did, but what they gave me wasn't chicken!”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

First of all, nothing against imigrants. We are, after all, a continent of imigrants. There was a bit of a language problem though, which might have exacebated confusion. Do NOT ask for a breast (read that again). The clerk countered each of my queations with a sugestion that I purchase some package with five or six sides. All I wanted was a drumstick and a breast. We eventually narrowed it down to the 2-piece special with fries ( $5.99). I asked how much without the fries, and she replied 5.49 (I think). Then I asked how much for one drumstick and a breast. With a very concerned look she said, "oh, that will be more!" If this woman had been selling cars, I would have left with a Hummer. I was wornout. I might have been negotiating for a house, but this was over two pieces of chicken for crying out loud. I cryed out FINE, WHATEVER, I'd like ONE drumstick and ONE breast. I think my next error was saying, "to go, please". They dropped two pieces into a box, the box into a bag... and said $7.79. All the while I just want to be finished. I am a good negotiator, but this person was really good. She had me and she knew it. I paid, grabbed my bag, apologized to the folks waiting behind me, and left. When I got into the car, I told my wife I wasn't sure what had happened at KFC. When we got back to the hotel room, I opened the box to find a drumstick and a full breast (yes, two sides connected by cartilage in the center) about the size that I would expect to find on a pigeon. I have no idea what it was, but what they gave me did not come off a chicken. Then I surprised myself. I ate it. You know what? It reminded me of the squab Perinos used to serve- which tasted just like chicken. My wife is still laughing.

• Visited July 2011
7 Thank ARNK-UU

North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“KPC Light”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Very limited selection of the standard KFC menu. Is almost as if they picked the least popular items to serve.

south
“smaller then regular kfc”
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This is your basic KFC with a couple of differences. It is small - only about 12 seats in a bar format facing the window. In the US, you can request 1 breast in a 2 piece meal. You can't here. Other than that, it costs less to eat here than most of the village restaurants, so that is a plus. My kids liked finding familiar food. Located right next to the IGA grocery store.