“They do a good job, but....”
Review of Ziptrek Ecotours

$33.39*
Treetop Canopy Walk in Whistler
Ranked #2 of 54 Tours in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: A year-round operation, Ziptrek Ecotours is the North American pioneer of zipline tours. We offer an entertaining combination of high-wire adventure and ecological exploration.Soar between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains on Whistler’s most popular zipline adventure. A total of 10 ziplines are joined by suspension bridges and platforms over 150’ high in the tree canopy. Choose from 2 zipline tours and then fly through the ancient rainforest on the ride of a lifetime!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“They do a good job, but....”
Reviewed October 7, 2009

My husband and I decided to try to zip lining since they're doing it all over the world these days we figured it must be a kick. The Ziptrek tour is an excellent experience and the company is dedicated to preservation and the environment and our guides did an excellent job of that and I'm certain that as far as zip lining experiences go this is probably one of the best. The zip lines are set up in the mountains and you zip back and forth across a river in a valley. It's kinda fun, but in my opinion zip lining is pretty much overrated. You're going so fast that you hardly have time to realize what you've done. If we had it to do over again we'd skip the ziplining and just spend our money and our time on the Peak to Peak which we loved, the new gondola is awesome. Anyway, we got that out of our system so we can move on.

1 Thank girllovestotravel
WarrickH, Director of Marketing at Ziptrek Ecotours, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear girllovestotravel,

To begin, I first wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review of Ziptrek - Much appreciated. I also wanted to thank you for your kind comments related to the experience, company, and the guides.

Sorry to hear it wasn't quite at your preferred pace, but we value your feedback. The ziplines themselves were obviously designed to provide a thrilling, and fast paced ride in a spectacular setting. That said, the time that guests spend between actual zips - moving to various viewing platforms (where the guides often deliver the sustainability education component), as well as accessing other launch decks, moving across suspension bridges, and traveling across the occasional ground based trail - all provide opportunities to take in the wonderful sights and surroundings.

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the PEAK 2 PEAK experience - it truly is impressive. As a partner with Whistler Blackcomb, Ziptrek now offers a combination product (The Ultimate Mountain Package) - which is comprised of a Ziptrek Ecotour, and a Sightseeing Pass on the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola. This has proven to be a very popular offering with our guests. The products definitely have certain parallels - an opportunity to travel between the signature mountains suspended by a cable! Different heights and perspectives for certain, but both provide phenomenal views and unique experiences. (The other thing - the gondola cabins definitely move at a slower pace than a person zipping at Ziptrek, as they should!)

Warrick Hubbard

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Orlando, FL
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Lots of fun but certainly not cheap”
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We did the Eagle tour and had a blast. Our guides were great and told us a lot about the forest and how is Whistler working on helping the environment. I was very nervous at the beginning but felt safe once the harness was hooked up to the line and I really enjoyed myself. My fiance was like a pro from the very beginning. I would definitely recommend it if you want ot try something fun and unusual. The price is very high though - we paid almost CAN $250 for two adults for the 2.5h our tour.

Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Average at best...”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I could see how this would be really exciting if you were ten. I took my girlfriend for her birthday and it just didn't quite do it for us. All in all, you are on the ziplines for a cumulative total of 2 minutes out of the 2.5 hour tour. It just wasn't worth the $120. If you do have to go I would definitely recommend the Eagle Tour as I can't imagine the other tour being overly exciting if its even more tame.

At the end of the day there are more exciting things to do in Whistler.

3 Thank Kinvan
WarrickH, Director of Marketing at Ziptrek Ecotours, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Dear Kinvan,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write your review of Ziptrek, so thank you for that. I was obviously disappointed to hear that we didn't meet your expectations.

While we appreciate that individuals have varying degrees of tolerance or thresholds for thrilling activities, we have found that the majority of our guests have found Ziptrek to be quite exhilarating (as evidenced from other reviews / feedback). Certainly never designed to be the most extreme activity, we feel Ziptrek lands in an "optimal zone" which provides the ability to appeal to a wide range of guests.

In regards to the cost of the tour, we feel we are competitively priced to other options in the Whistler market that offer activities of similar caliber and deliver a comparable experience. That said, we value your feedback and since the time of your visit to Ziptrek, we have introduced daily Non-Peak tour options that offer guests a price alternative (less than regular price) for the identical experience.

Warrick Hubbard
Surrey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Forget the Theme Parks this is awesome with fantastic guides”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Being a little over 52 and my partner a littler over 60,and up for a challenge, we visited this tour to see how good it was and whether it stood up to the advertising we had seen.
Mark and Liz were our "Zippers" for the 3.5 hours of fun they suggested we would have. We got tacked up and off to the lines. Enroute there was interesting conversations about who was from where and whether they had been and done it before. We were not the only ones and I was a little nervous as my throat was drying up.
Well, all I can say is I have never had such fun in all my days of visiting theme parks and Zoo's when the children were growing.
The first line was a little taste of what was to come and I lost my nerves as soon as I stepped off the platform which was some way above ground. I was hooked.

Not only did we have the longest ride (35 seconds from start to finish) but we were way up in the top canopies of the forests. We also had a very interesting 3 steps Canada were sticking by for saving the forests and building on past experience of those that had already made - desecrated forests.

Mark and Liz were in their early 20's and were well educated and very informative on their subjects. The rides were absolutely awe inspiring and they take small groups of 12 which makes for a good number to zip with. We also went very close to the 2010 Winter Olympics taboggan site which took over 111million to build. It was very interesting and well worth a go what ever age you are. If small children go, and they must be at least 1 metre, then they are in a harness with the guides.

It is open all year round so if it is wet, we recommend you take your weatheralls or wear protective wet weather gear as it can get a little cold. Oh and the last ride you have the opportunity to hang upside down which went down a bundle with the nutters of the group.

Totally recommended by the Wilson family of Surrey UK

Gig Harbor, WA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“worth the money!”
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Had a great time. Did the Eagle trek. Very knowledgable and professional trip leaders.