“Great ziplines, views to die for. Too much talking.”
Review of Ziptrek Ecotours

and up
Whistler Sasquatch Zipline
Ranked #2 of 55 Tours in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: A year-round operation, Ziptrek Ecotours is the North American pioneer of zipline tours. We offer an entertaining combination of high-wire adventure and ecological exploration.Soar between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains on Whistler’s most popular zipline adventure. A total of 10 ziplines are joined by suspension bridges and platforms over 150’ high in the tree canopy. Choose from 2 zipline tours and then fly through the ancient rainforest on the ride of a lifetime!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really enjoyed our Mammoth tour. Really well designed walkways/platforms and a very exciting and fun experience. Since it was just us two on the tour (off season), I felt there was a little too much walking about the environment and sustainability. At times I felt a little patronised (being a 29 year old Biologist and Veterinarian). However we did see black bears and some woodpecker tree holes which were interesting. still would recommend and some may find the eco talk interesting. Lunch was delicious and could not manage to eat it all!

WarrickH, Director of Marketing at Ziptrek Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Jess F,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write your review of Ziptrek - we truly appreciate the effort and the feedback you provided.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the experience overall, and given the circumstances of the day - sounds like you were granted the privilege of a private tour!

In regards to the eco and sustainability education component of the tour, sorry to hear you felt it was a bit overdone. I can only say that most of our guests have found this to be a welcome complement to the tours (as evidenced by other reviews), and it is a core aspect of why we are designated an ecotour. That said, we are always reviewing our content, timing, & delivery in order to aim for an optimal balance and quality guest experience - so again, we appreciate your feedback. Additionally, your professional background (as you mention) puts you in a slightly different league (in terms of education & understanding) than the average guest on some of the subject matter, but regardless we strive to deliver an exceptional experience to all our guests.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We took the tree top tour as I was too scared to go on the zip lines, even watching others doing it terrified me, there is one line that you can't even see the end of it's so big. Would highly recommend doing them to anyone that's brave enough though as the group we saw doing it were haveing a great time flying along them. The tree top tour is also fab!! Very friendly, knowledgable staff who keep you entertained and know everyting there is to know about the area.

Dear stac 1985,

Just wanted to write a quick note to thank you for taking the time to write your review of Ziptrek - much appreciated.

Even though you had apprehension about the ziplines, I was thrilled to read that you still chose to come and visit the same pristine area via our TreeTrek tour. These tours were designed primarily for that exact reason (a non-zipping option that allows you to explore & experience our spectacular tour area).

Thanks again for your contribution.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Ziptrek is a first rate experience. Anyone who has the opportunity in whistler to try it should not pass it up. Extremely fun and memorable. The guides were excellent and attentive. You could see that safety was a top priority. Great fun!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

You have to do this if you are in Whistler! It was just amazing! I was there with two friends and we joined a group with two others and set off with our instructors, Shell and Dan (who were just so cool and friendly and great fun, but also unbelievably professional!!). There were 5 zip runs on the tour we did and it was just something else, in the middle of an amazing forest, beautiful scenery. The instructors were great, gave tips on how to hang upside down once we were getting braver! Some of the runs are something else, the longest was 2200 feet, you go over rivers, through amazing forest, and our last run brough us right back down into Whistler! As you go along between the ziplines, there is also an eco tour, with information about the forest, sustainability, the local environment.... our instructors also gave us info about the forest around us as we walked between lines.
If i am ever back in Whistler i will be doing this again! What a brilliantly run enterprise.

Dear MichelleOS,

First off, what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about and share your experience at Ziptrek - much appreciated.

I was thrilled to read you had such an amazing experience, and I think your detailed run-down provides some great perspective for other readers, so thanks for that.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Even if you are afraid of heights, like I am, I think this is a fun activity to try. My husband and I went on the Eagle Tour, which was supposed to be scarier but it wasn't too bad. You are definitely up pretty high and most of the runs go back and forth across the river/ravine. The second to last one is super long and keeps going and going. Our entire group actually did the final run upside down. Peer pressure I guess, but it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Although I didn't let go of both hands from the rope, just one. Our guides were very helpful and personable and it was nice to just be outside on a nice day, up in the woods, participating in a unique activity.

1  Thank snowgirltwentytwo
WarrickH, Director of Marketing at Ziptrek Ecotours, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear snowgirltwentytwo,

Just wanted to write a quick note and thank you for taking the time to write your review of Ziptrek - we truly appreciate it. I was really pleased to read that you had such a positive experience, and I believe the perspective you offer will be helpful to other readers - so thank you for that.

Perhaps next time out, you'll let both hands go!

Cheers,