“Best steakhouse in Whistler”

Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
Reserve with OpenTable
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 197 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northlands Blvd.
Description: Hy's has been Canada's premier steakhouse for over 50 years. This stunning location in the beautiful resort town of Whistler features Canadian Prime beef, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service in a warm contemporary atmosphere. As Whistler's only true steakhouse, we guarantee every guest a memorable experience.
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Although this is not the cheapest restaurant it is worth every penny. There is an extensive wine menu which you can view and choose from their ipad. My wife had the crab legs which were huge. I had the rib-eye which is the best steak I have had in a long time. You will also love the service and atmosphere of the restaurant. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Really disappointed with our meals. Considering it is a steak house you would expect them to know how to cook a steak. Only one of the steaks came as requested, others over cooked. Quite expensive too. For the prices charged you would expect the fries to be real potato rather than the frozen type served up by mcdonalds. Recommended as a fine dining establishment, it wasn't. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone based on food. Staff were not attentive and you actually had to call them over as they had too many tables to look after and just ignored those already seated. All in all must be getting customers based on historical data, it is not good now. I had been invited in a small group and even the host commented on how poor the food was, he had recommended the location based on a previous visit years ago. Obviously a restaurant in decline.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went to Hys for a drink and ended up eating at the bar because the vibe and the smells captivated us. A special thanks to the bartender Patrice who made our evening suggesting a rib steak which was second to none I've ever had. We were entertained watching him work the bar with old world professional charm and efficiency. We enjoyed the food and service so much we went back again the next night.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My friend recently moved to Whistler and we decided to go to Hy's for a drink and some appetizers. We chose to sit at the bar for the fun and energetic vibe. The one bartender (bald with a moustache) brought so much energy and laughter to our evening it was fantastic. His service was excellent and our glasses were never empty! For anyone who wants a fun Friday atmosphere I highly recommend this bar. (We were there Friday Feb. 21). My friend is planning to make it her regular 'hot' spot.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We went here on a busy Saturday and had excellent service. Our water and wine glasses were always full and our food was prompt. Their cheesy bread is delicious and is a must have when eating here.
We were a group of 5 and we all wanted to split a Caesar salad (as they are quite large) but we had an odd number of people. Our server was nice enough to split 2 salads into 5 people, which was great. I had the filet mignon, while my friend had the steak Neptune. We both had a little of each other's and that was delicious as well. You get to choose which type of potato you want and I love their mashed potatoes.
If you haven't eaten at this steakhouse before I recommend that you check the menu for prices before you come as it is quite pricey compared to the Keg.