Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
Reserve with OpenTable
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 194 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northlands Blvd.
Description: Hy's has been Canada's premier steakhouse for over 50 years. This stunning location in the beautiful resort town of Whistler features Canadian Prime beef, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service in a warm contemporary atmosphere. As Whistler's only true steakhouse, we guarantee every guest a memorable experience.
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended to go by a local guy. No problem in getting a table for our party of 5. Service was very friendly & efficient. The food was delicious. My lamb was exceptionally tasty and perfectly cooked & everyone else raved about their steaks. The atmosphere is comfortable but special. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Asked Aava staff for a great restaurant and they sent us to Hy's. What a great recomendation. I am from NYC and I thought I knew good steakhouses but I learned that these guys are among the best. I deferred to the staff about my selection and they steered (no pun intended) me to the NY Strip in bone medium rare. When I began to eat the meal before me the flavor burst in my mouth like no other steak - wow. It was juicy, flavorful and tender. Like a filet with flavor. They cook the steaks at 1,500 degrees - you heard me - very quickly and then let them set and cook by themselves. If you have one glass of wine and skip cocktails and desert you can escape with a average sized tab but a wonderful steak experience. Make your reservation through the hotel as it can be tough to get in.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hy's has to be the best Steakhouse I have been to, the kids love it and well catered for. It is always our last meal in Whistler before heading home!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Recommended by a friend, this eatery certainly served beautiful food, but boy,be prepared to pay for it.Ambience very dark and you almost needed a flashlight to read the menu. Everything ordered by our party was delicious but the service came with attitude and not one born of competence. This in our experience is somewhat typical for Whistler in the more upmarket restaurants. Sidecut and Araxi also spring to mind in this regard.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I hadn't been here for a few years but was feeling the urge to have a great meat experience. I wasn't disappointed. I had the prime rib which was beautifully marbled with fat that literally melted in your mouth. It was similar to letting a piece of chocolate slowly melt in your mouth. Sides can be ordered separately but - a word of caution - they are large. They will let you order it as a half size. The best yorkshire pudding I have ever tasted - and believe me, I've had many, many over the years.

Sommelier advise is great but when I saw that they had a wonderful Okanagan winery on the list called., "Le Vieux Pin", I knew I had to have a bottle. Went with the delightfully light Petit Rouge 2010.

Service was constant and attentive but not at all obtrusive. Next time I won't wait so long before returning.