“Yum!”

Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
Reserve with OpenTable
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 195 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northlands Blvd.
Description: Hy's has been Canada's premier steakhouse for over 50 years. This stunning location in the beautiful resort town of Whistler features Canadian Prime beef, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service in a warm contemporary atmosphere. As Whistler's only true steakhouse, we guarantee every guest a memorable experience.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hy's has to be the best Steakhouse I have been to, the kids love it and well catered for. It is always our last meal in Whistler before heading home!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Recommended by a friend, this eatery certainly served beautiful food, but boy,be prepared to pay for it.Ambience very dark and you almost needed a flashlight to read the menu. Everything ordered by our party was delicious but the service came with attitude and not one born of competence. This in our experience is somewhat typical for Whistler in the more upmarket restaurants. Sidecut and Araxi also spring to mind in this regard.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I hadn't been here for a few years but was feeling the urge to have a great meat experience. I wasn't disappointed. I had the prime rib which was beautifully marbled with fat that literally melted in your mouth. It was similar to letting a piece of chocolate slowly melt in your mouth. Sides can be ordered separately but - a word of caution - they are large. They will let you order it as a half size. The best yorkshire pudding I have ever tasted - and believe me, I've had many, many over the years.

Sommelier advise is great but when I saw that they had a wonderful Okanagan winery on the list called., "Le Vieux Pin", I knew I had to have a bottle. Went with the delightfully light Petit Rouge 2010.

Service was constant and attentive but not at all obtrusive. Next time I won't wait so long before returning.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Although quite pricy, the serve no doubt the best steaks around the whistler skiing area! we have been here now for the third time, no disappointments. A must to visit if you like meat!
all the dishes we had were excellent, the service great!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a fantastic steak dinner after some great advice from our waiter on what to choose. But beware: this establishment does not come cheap.