“Another good meal at Hy's”

Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
Reserve with OpenTable
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 195 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northlands Blvd.
Description: Hy's has been Canada's premier steakhouse for over 50 years. This stunning location in the beautiful resort town of Whistler features Canadian Prime beef, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service in a warm contemporary atmosphere. As Whistler's only true steakhouse, we guarantee every guest a memorable experience.
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Last year my wife and I celebrated her birthday with a couple nights in Whistler and a dinner at Hy's and weren't disappointed. This year she wanted to go back and we opted to take our two kids (3 yrs and 6 yrs).

Being early diners due to the kids, we went for dinner at about 5:30 p.m. and were immediately greeted and seated. Like a lot of other restaurants at this time, there weren't many patrons yet and they located us all by ourselves on the 'small' side of the restaurant. I appreciated that because I'm cognizant that those without kids probably don't want to hear kids being kids if they're at Hy's.

Service was immediate and the waiter was great with the kids. From bringing paper and crayons to actually having conversations with them shows to me that they care and value them.

It's Hy's so you expect a decent steak and they didn't disappoint. Both our steaks were perfectly prepared (strip loin and cajun rib), as were the accompaniments (onion rings to share with the kids). The kids had mac 'n cheese (freshly made homestyle) and chicken strips and fries and ate it all up.

I'd mentioned in passing during conversation with our waiter that we were there, again, to celebrate my wife's birthday and he brought out a complimentary chocolate dessert with "happy birthday' written in chocolate. A completely unexpected and wonderful touch.

Another very good meal at Hy's...if we have the opportunity we will definitely consider returning again.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

15 minute wait for appys, when the steak came it was obviously medium, I was told it was the light in the restaurant that was fooling me and it was actually medium rare, "you can put as much as you want there" the waiter said then stood watching directly above me when I filled out the grat all in all a joke.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We are a big steak eating family and we were not impressed with either their signature striploin or the filet at Hy's. They were both not as tasty or tender as what we enjoy at our local Keg restaurant.

And the prices for everything were completely ridiculous. $16.50 for a martini, $41 for a mediocre steak and a starch (vegetables are extra). Table made caesar salad was far too acidic. Surprisingly, only the two bottles of cabernet were a good value for the money spent.
Thank goodness my mother in law enjoyed her $60 plate of crab legs for her 90th birthday!

$100 a person for a family of 5...... definitely not worth the price! :(

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed in Whistler North for a week and had our last dinner at Hy's Steakhouse. As it was Friday, I reserved a table and even though we were 15 mins late, it was no problem.

The house cocktails were so good that we never ordered any wine and the service was so good. We ordered a starter and a main course each and the portions were huge although you could order half servings of the sides.

My filet steak was so tender, we both agreed it was the best steak we'd had and we've eaten steak in some of the best steal restaurants in the World.

Atmosphere was great, all wood paneling and dark mood lighting. My husband was thrilled that they were showing sports on the television.

Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Excellent service varied choice, pricey but you get what you pay for