“Amazing meal, great service”
Review of Caramba Restaurant

Caramba Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 210 Restaurants in Whistler
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Caramba Restaurant reflects Jay Pare's vision of a truly fun dining experience. Mediterranean style comfort food with local influences, married with high energy service, within a very inviting and casual setting. Wood Fired Pizza, Pasta and Seafood. Dine in or Take Out. Enjoy one of Whistler's best appointed patios in summer.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our party of four had dinner the first night of a long weekend in the Village. The service was friendly and prompt. The food was to die for, even the basic spaghetti & meatballs. There is an excellent selection of wine to chose from.

We did asked to be moved from the back area because it was extremely loud. It was much quieter in the front.

Date of visit: September 2019
CarambaWhistler, General Manager at Caramba Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear bt2058,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! The back of the restaurant can sometimes become a bit loud if we have a large group, so I am happy to hear we were able to move you to a quieter table. We have great pride for our food, service and atmosphere so I am happy they resonated with you so well. Hopefully you will visit us again.

Casper Richters, GM

Write a reviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed the calamari, Wood fired pizzas, 1 gluten free, Ruben sandwiches, potato and leek soup. I loved the lost lake Lemonade. I would like to return someday soon.

Dear Jodwal,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! Please look forward to our new winter food and drink menus starting in November. Thanks again from the entire Caramba team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Every trip to Whistler with my wife for the last 20 or more years starts with dinner at Caramba. They excel at calamari and prawns for appetizers, pasta for dinner and they have a great cheesecake too. Caramba also makes a good pizza and some of their specials are excellent. Good service but can be very busy so make reservations.

Date of visit: December 2018

Dear Peter K,

From the whole Caramba team, please accept our sincere thanks for your continued patronage over the last 20 years. We truly appreciate your every visit and of course you taking the time to write a 5-star review to let others know about us. We all look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I were visiting from Victoria and had a wonderful lunch at Caramba. The food portions were great, taste was excellent, and drinks were well priced. We also recieved fantastic serice from our waitress Scarlett. She was friendly and attentitive and made our dining experience easy and enjoyable.

By the end of our meal, we were talking about how we wish there was a Caramba in Vic. If we are in Whistler again, we will be returning. :)

Thank you to all the lovely staff at Caramba.

Dear Tristanninga,

Thank you for your wonderful 5-star review! Scarlett will be so happy to hear your kind words about her service. Please come see us again next time you are in Whistler!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for dinner with my wife last week-end on a Saturday night. We sit down right away, and look at the drinks menu. $8 for a sleeve of beer. For what is a cost of $1 maybe a $1.5, charging $8 is extortion, even in Whistler. Even at the Chateau Whistler a sleeve is $6. That impression of being gouged followed through the rest of the menu. I had the Pesto Tagliatelle, which was $23 with no proteins. It was a good size portion, presentation was nice, flavours were a solid meh, actually a bit disappointing. My wife had the soup of the day, which was nice. My wife and I dine out frequently, and have no problem spending a lot on a fine meal. But the value for money here was poor, there are much better options in Whistler.

Date of visit: September 2019
CarambaWhistler, General Manager at Caramba Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear timmigrant,

Thank you for your feedback about your visit. I must say that it troubled. Not only I but the whole Caramba team want every single one of our guests to have a great experience. As the bar you mentioned is possibly a location that is part of a very large international company then it is not a fair comparison to our restaurant. We are a privately owned single restaurant in the heart of Whistler delivering outstanding food and service. The word 'gouged' included in your review is a matter of opinion and I understand everyone has one. Caramba however is not in the business of gouging anyone, period. The vast majority of the reviews before yours illustrate that our guests feel that they receive great value and look forward to their next visit. That being said I would love to discuss your experience further. I look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience. My email is casper@carambarestaurant.com