“It's food”

Caramba Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 198 Restaurants in Whistler
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Caramba Restaurant reflects Jay Pare's vision of a truly fun dining experience. Mediterranean style comfort food with local influences, married with high energy service, within a very inviting and casual setting. Wood Fired Pizza, Pasta and Seafood. Dine in or Take Out. Enjoy one of Whistler's best appointed patios in summer.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We ate here because we were starving and there was no line. It was OK I guess. The servers were very good, but the food was pretty average italian fare and not too expensive. I would check out some other place first before going here.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Ordered some food to go and when I picked it up they were having trouble with their computer/credit card terminals. After waiting five minutes I offered to pay cash, but only had American currency. Fortunately the server warned me that the owner insisted on a bad exchange rate, 90 cents for an American Dollar. The bank rate was the reverse, 90 cents American for a Canadian Dollar. So I waited another ten minutes and paid with a card when they got their system rebooted.

In short, the owner wants a 22% profit on currency exchange. Total rip off and despite the nice friendly and prompt staff, no one should get ripped off by this owner. Don't patronize this establishment.

1  Thank JRK50
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Well priced, excellent service and extremely family friendly. Our kids thought the pizzas were "awesome".

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I am getting used to good service in Whistler but this place is the top so far, I called in with my son with a vague arrangement to meet his friend there. This caused no problem and they seated us and looked after us. We ordered food which came in record time and I'd did wonder if they wanted us in and out to get the table but no, they were quite happy to let us chat and look after us long after we finished eating until his friend arrived...oh, and the food was great too! Several specials and some traditional favourites.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Every restaurant has its place and there's clearly a place for every restaurant when it come to writing reviews. Located in Whistler village, Caramba offers a variety of loosely Italian-based favourites and has positioned itself in the family friendly bracket of Whistler's more economic restaurants.

We (two couples) chose to dine at Caramba at 8.00pm on a Saturday night and booked about 2-days ahead. The place is noisy - really noisy and our slightly moody waitress attempted to tell us about specials etc to little or no avail - she had a heavy accent and spoke quickly with a high pitch (a bit like Mini Mouse). It quickly turned into a comedy sketch as my wife asked me to repeat what the waitress had said… stupidly I'd been nodding my head like a Muppet as if I understood every word but actually heard about 1/4 of it. Our friends had heard even less!

Anyway… we basically heard enough and coupled with the menu and ordered main courses. The food was fine but lacked finesse. One of our party ordered dessert - a berry crumble… basically awful and borderline inedible. Caramba's coffee contains a distinct lack of coffee. All in all a bit disappointing. To the restaurant's credit they removed those items from the final bill.

With regret there are too many alternative good places to eat in Whistler to make us return to Caramba anytime soon.