“Accommodated at the Last minute”

Trattoria Di Umberto Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 207 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The Whistler bus loop is a short 2 minute walk from our restaurant.
Reviewed January 25, 2019

I arrived for a late dinner and knew that the restaurant would be closing soon. I thought I would chance it and see if I could get a table. The hostess was very professional and made every effort to help and quickly offered me a seat at the bar. The manager came over and also made the effort to ensure I was comfortable. The food was excellent and so was the service. I was never made to feel rushed and had a very relaxed and enjoyable time. If you are alone I highly recommend you sit at the bar.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Good service, very extensive wine list, and good food on a fixed price (fall special). It was not crowded but busy for a fall evening (between seasons)

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank 623davido
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Food is always excellent and staff give the restaurant a luxury feel. The ambience is casual, with a hint of the Italian bistro.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Lou T
Reviewed June 4, 2018

We hadn't booked and turned up mid week to find the place very busy however we were offered and accepted a seat at the bar which is where we ate. It was fascinating to watch them prepare everyones meals and to see the interaction between the different food stations. All of the staff we met were really helpful and very efficient and the food some of the best Italian we've ever eaten. its not a cheap place but its worth it for the quality and service you receive. will definitely eat here again and next time we'll book but we'll still ask for a seat at the bar!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to this restaurant many times over the last 6 years - winter and summer. Best in winter with its cozy atmosphere.
Service is always attentive. Food is excellent. It’s not cheap but a long menu with a big variety of pasta (which can be adapted) and entrees. The tuna is always good as an entree.
It’s a “treat” evening rather than an every day destination.

Date of visit: March 2018