“Mediocre dining experience - terrible customer service - Huge $$$$”

Table Nineteen Lakeside Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Table Nineteen Lakeside Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 194 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: International, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 99, 3 minutes north of Whistler Village
Transit: Public Transit stops at Highway 99 and Nicklaus North Blvd.
Description: Now closed and re-opening early December 2017 for Dinner. Table Nineteen - Restaurant, Lounge and Patio at Nicklaus North Golf Course - offers a sophisticated take on the mountain lodge experience where locally sourced ingredients, excellent service and a welcoming environment unite with the best views in town. Table Nineteen offers a globally inspired West Coast menu with locally sourced ingredients and foods that comfort and inspire. The clubhouse features a stone-accented restaurant and casual sports lounge and in the summers Whistler's Best Lakeside Patio to provide our Guests with options for formal or casual dining. We are also famous for our winter fondue experience. Located conveniently only 3 minutes north of the village! Everyone welcome, come as you are and enjoy the convenience of FREE parking right at our front doors. See you soon.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a party of 8 adults and 7 children for fondue dinner. At the end of the night when we received the bill we paid and left quickly, none of our party looked closely at the items, we just split the amount. We were in a hurry - we had children who were anxious to leave and the server had kept us waiting for 15 minutes with our request to bring a birthday dessert. Since then, I've left 4 messages with the manager to inquire about getting a copy of the bill. No response. $1600 spent for dinner and wine and not the courtesy to return my call? In addition, all of us left feeling hungry, the fondue dinner is sparse. We'll make sure to spread the word in the community that this is not the place to come for dinner - the service and the food aren't standard for Whistler!

Mike Z, General Manager at Table Nineteen Lakeside Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Tamara,

I am so sorry that your evening with us at The Den fell short of your expectations.

Prior to your post on tripadvisor I called 5 times, left 3 messages and faxed you a copy of your bill.

If you could call me on my cell, which is the number I left on your answering service, I would love the opportunity to discuss this matter with you in person.

Warm regards,
Kirsten

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch on The Den's patio. The sandwiches with their specially seasoned fries were great!
It was a great day to be outside overlooking the lake and golf course. Their pitcher of draught beer special was a nice bonus. Very good service as well.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to the Den Restaurant at Nicklaus North Golf Course for a fondue dinner. This place is exactly what the title says "It is what it is". The van that picked us up had an odor and stunk really bad, I was glad that the ride and transportation wasn't long because I didn't enjoy that smell when we got in.

The service is pretty bad and the price point is ridiculous for what you get. I can't believe we paid a $140.00 dollars for a couple drinks and a couple pieces of food that weren't that great. I would say the price point of $48.00 per person is double what it should be... this is nothing more then a 20-25.00 per person setting. Anything above and beyond $25.00 is a joke for what you get here. If the service was exceptional, that would make up for it a bit but... sadly, it was not made up by the service but in my opinion made matters worse.

The thing that made me mad inside is the fact that it wasn't even busy, I'm talking like 4 tables and a few in the lounge that were occupied... and still our server was pretty much non existant half way through our dinner to the end. It was only at the end she wanted to be talkative when it came time to pay "hoping for a tip", well, your tip is earned not given based on being bubbly at the end of the meal.

The meat is not that great, wouldn't recommend eating that and or you better cook it for longer then 3-5 minutes. The other thing was annoying was the fact our burner went out twice on us and we had to ask for another server to re-light the burner for us. When he tried, his lighter didn't work and he had to get another one. There are a number of complaints about this place and I recommend to anyone who reads this not to attend and or come to this restaurant.

The only thing that is good about this place is the fact that it's a nice setting inside and on a summer's day if you were out on the patio... I could see why looking out at a lake or golf course would be a nice little relaxing treat so to speak.

Mike Z, Manager at Table Nineteen Lakeside Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

First of all I would like to sincerely apologise that your dining experience at our restaurant was anything less than fabulous.
It is our heartfelt wish that everyone who comes to dine at the The Den leaves feeling that their experience was second to none.
Rarely do we learn that the portioning of our fondue dinner is considered small by our customers (across the 4 courses you are consuming over 16oz of food per person - starting with a salad, followed by 12oz of blended Swiss and Canadian cheeses  and half a loaf of bread between 2, the third course is then portioned at 6oz of protein and 6oz of veg per person .  On top of this we finish with a chocolate fondue that has various fruits, banana bread and marshmallows). If you felt that any of the servings were too small we will always gladly bring more food out, however I am sure that you will understand that this is with an extra charge.
At $48 we feel that our four course fondue dinner is competitively priced within Whistler and I’m sorry that you don’t share this perceived value.
Our chef takes great pride in the quality of the meats we use for all of our dishes, using AAA grade beef, organic pork tenderloin and the freshest  salmon available.   If you felt that they would have been more enjoyable had they been cooked longer then by all means we encourage you to leave them in the chinois broth a little longer to obtain your preferred outcome.
It is a pity that you didn’t inform myself or the manager on duty know that you were not happy at the time, as we would endeavoured to do anything in our reach to turn your experience around, and ensure that you enjoyed your experience at  the Den.
We also appreciate your feedback regarding the level of cleanliness of the vehicle, and with a view to ensuring this doesn’t happen again we will be performing a full interior detail on it very soon.
As a Vancouverite, it is likely that you will visit Whistler again. If this is the case we would appreciate the opportunity to host yourself and your girlfriend with the prospect of delivering a much more pleasurable  experience.
Thank you for your feedback,   I really do appreciate the opportunity to improve upon any perceived shortcomings.
Should you decide to give us a second chance I can be contacted directly at kreddaway@golfbc.com.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The restaurant was offering fondue in the evening, either three course or four course options. We had the four-course which is a choice of salad, then cheese fondue, then meat fondu and finally chocolate fondue for dessert. The "meat" fondue included beef tenderloin, vegetables, prawns, potatoes and pork. I can see why most restaurants would not offer fondue because it requires more effort on the part of both the kitchen and the server, but when it is done right as it was at Nicklaus North, it is a great experience.

This was a special dining experience which I hope to repeat.

1  Thank Will A
Reviewed November 27, 2012

In this part of town there are relatively few dining options, but the Den is a good option even for those with no interest in golf.