“Very pleasantly surprised!!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Read the mixed reviews but decided to try Sushi Village anyways. My boyfriend and I were NOT disappointed!!! They had the 21$ meal menu which was great value for your dollar. We added some extra rolls which made for a delicious and reasonably priced meal. Sushi was very good - but the Super Hero roll was probably the most delicious roll we had ever tasted. Not to be missed! Service was great too. We loved the Super Hero so much we returned for supper a second night (a rare move for a couple that loves to try new places!) The pitchers of Saki margarita were super fun and tasty too. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was having my birthday dinner with friends on the night. at first, our server didn't get our drinks for at least 20 mins and then took the wrong order from my friend after which just made us feel not having a good time. So when we were about to pay we all agreed to put 10% tips in our bill, but my friend accidentally put the wrong amount which was just 1 dollar less than 10% tips that we checked after. How did we find out it was a dollar different? Cause the manager pointed that out in front of all of us and she said not just once that we put less than 10% tips in our bill. I can't believe she blamed on us that we didn't tip them well instead of trying to find out what went wrong in our dinner. and then she even ignored when we tried to talk to her and gave us an upset look till we left.
I'm not a cheap person but I tip servers depending on their service, besides, how could you ask your customers for tips? I'm working in hospitality business as well and there're so many times that customers not tip us even we give proper service. What can we say? Nothing!!
I was used to go there once a while even your price is crazy, and I know you're really popular restaurant so you probably wouldn't care if you lost one customer, but you really shouldn't care about your tips more than guest satisfaction.

1  Thank Shchen
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate here one night during our stay in Whistler, after reading good reviews about it on Trip Advisor. It was a bit dissppointing after the amazing and cheap Japanese food we had experienced in Vancouver a few days earlier. The food here was ok, but for what you get it was over priced by what we saw in other Canadaian Japanese restaurants. Would probably not go back here again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This place would not be in business if it was in Vancouver or even a less favorable location in Whistler. Sushi is 6 out of 10 and the wait staff a 5 out of 10.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have only been to Sushi Village when they have the $21 special on with the $10 jugs of Margarita and I enjoyed the food and drinks thoroughly. With the special it was great value for money and the food is delicious.