“Tasty meat dishes with friendly service”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta represents only the top tier of graded beef in Canada and is the only beef served at Ric's. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a a unique mixologists creation featuring the best in international, premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Our family of 4 were in the mood for meat after a great day of skiing.
My husband had the Rib-Eye which was very good and cooked to his liking.
Older son likes well done Rib_Eye - it was a little more medium than well done but he still liked the taste very much. Younger son had the ribs - we all tried one and agreed they were verry very tender and good. I had the rack of lamb which was good but possibly not excellent. We had appetizers : mushroom caps - very good, tuna carpachhio - good but a tad salty, caesar - salld : good. Crab side dish : average.
overall, a good supper that I would recommend to someone who feels like beef or pork ribs. Enjoy.

1  Thank Langroch

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Veggie options are scarce in Whistler, but we were thrilled to finally find a restaurant with a whole separate vegetarian menu. That was as good as it got. The atmosphere was nice enough. We had to ask for the vegetarian menu; of which they only had one which was tattered.

I'd like to stop here and say that if it seems like I'm being nit-picky: you're right. Once I've had a bad experience, I retroactively become less-forgiving of the little things that bug. Now back to the review.

The server wasn't too pleased to see us deciding from the vegetarian menu. We asked if the green curry was good and our response was, "I've only eaten it with chicken in it", as if that answered our question. Fortunately for us, we weren't in the mood for wine with this particular meal, so after making a production of removing the wine glasses from the table, our waiter quickly passed us off to another server who was much more pleasant and professional. In addition, she is the only reason this place rate "poor" instead of "awful".

When we got our meals, they were horrible. The green curry was bland and tasted canned. The ginger chili stir-fry was so salty, I had to stop eating it. I could taste salt for over an hour after my meal. The veggies were three different types of peppers; green, red, and yellow with some bamboo shoots on top of an over-sauced bed of uninspired rice pilaf.

We had some coffe afterwards to try and wash the taste of the meals from our mouths and it was fine. We tipped our replacement server 50% on the tab just to send a message to the original waiter. We left hungry and went to the grocery store for some snacks to take back to our room.

2  Thank CliveDexx
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Great service, excellent appetizers (Mediterranean dip - get it!). Steak was excellent. A bit pricey but I guess considering some of the other restaurants we tried that were also pricey, the value is there for whistler village... to put it simply, if you come to whistler, expect to spend alot of money.. but this is one place that won't disappoint..

1  Thank misc2011
Reviewed January 28, 2011

A variety of beautiful steaks - the best was the maple cheesecake!!

Reviewed December 27, 2010

The mix is the little tapas bar upstairs from Ric's. We went there on Xmas eve. We did not have a booking and they sat us straight away. The food was excellent. Healthy portions and good value. We had the calamari, tuna poke and lamb cutlets as a starter. This would have been more than enough for both of us. Main was steak and filet mingnon. Both where perfectly cooked. Great atmosphere. Great cocktail list. Highly recommended. I would book next time.

1  Thank sandinmytogs