“Not recommended”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta represents only the top tier of graded beef in Canada and is the only beef served at Ric's. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a a unique mixologists creation featuring the best in international, premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.
Reviewed November 27, 2008

We were looking forward to a nice dinner out and the Fall Special of $29 for 3 courses sounded great. It went downhill soon as my wine came. I took one sip and saw a piece of cork floating. I asked for a new one and the server was very apologetic and brought a replacement. When my meal came, the rice did not taste fresh and was undercooked and my salmon tasted "fishier" than normal. The server also forgot to bring the wine for my dinner mate with the entree. When the server took my meal away I told them and again were apologetic. We ordered the apple cobbler as our dessert from the menu and were told by the server "they informed me" there might only be one left. So I selected another dessert. We were told they were totally sold out of the apple cobbler so my dinner mate chose an alternate one from the menu. His chocolate cake was the most dried out cake I had ever tasted. When we got the bill, they had compd my entree and took 25% off the rest of our bill. We were pleasantly surprised by that but would have liked for the servers to take more accountability for what was happening.

Reviewed November 18, 2008

My wife and I have dined here twice. The first time everything was medeocre at best so the following year we tried it again. The 2nd time was not the charm. The service was slow, the steak was stringy and the crab was overcooked and cold. Oh well, at least it was expensive.
Trust me when I say you can do a lot better for this kind of money in Whistler. Barefoot Bistro, Rim Rock, Araxie, either of Umberto's restaurants, hell even the Keg

Reviewed November 9, 2008

We first went to Ric's grill in Jan 2007 and although the food was excellent we found the service not to be overly enthusuaistic, especially for Canada. We went again in Jan 2008, in a party of 9. This time the service was slow and unfriendly. My starter of Crostini was on untoasted soft bread, fish was overcooked and fish cakes very disappointing, steaks should have been medium rare but came out well done.

We waited so long for the bill that the wives and kids left and a couple of us stayed behind to settle up. We calmly went through the elements we found unsatisfactory and our server did express some sympathy and told us the kitchen was having problems. The manager begrudgingly took some money off the bill. My advice - don't waste your money on an expensive restaurent pretending to be something it isn't.

Reviewed October 13, 2008

There were 6 of us on a busy saturday night, got the hottub table right away so were already impressed. Ordered several rounds of drinks which were all fantastic, mojito's are amazing. Ordered appies which took forever, calamari yuuum, oysters and escargot, all good. Main course took a very long time, lobster tail was super small for 35bucks, but did come with a delicious french onion soup, rice and veggies. Server was super friendly for our young, drinking group, but took a lil longer than expected, she was busy, so they need more helpers on.

Reviewed September 27, 2008

Having generally experienced good service on our trip around BC it came as a shock that a restaurant in somewhere as tourist oriented as Whistler could prove such a monumental disaster. Our server managed to completely forget the wine ordered at the same time as the food and despite reminding, the main meals arrived (having taken 45 minutes to do so). We sent them back and asked for them to be brought again once the wine had been given to us. They had not taken down the wine requested so had to ask us again what we had ordered. It still took another ten minutes for the wine to come and no apology from any staff member. The food was poor with stringy steaks and one main course was in fact not what had been ordered! Oh, and to top it all, the ambient background music is just a thudding beat of no description. Go if you want bad service, average food and a disappointing evening - you might even get served what you ordered.

1  Thank KatieJ205