“Good location”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta represents only the top tier of graded beef in Canada and is the only beef served at Ric's. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a a unique mixologists creation featuring the best in international, premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.
Balcombe
“Good location”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We visited this restaurant because it was located in the lobby of the crystal lodge where we were staying and we didn't want to leave the hotel because of our extreme jet lag!. The ambience was good, food excellent I had the ahi tuna and it was served perfectly. I asked for salad instead of veg and potatoes instead of rice and there was no problem. My son had the chicken in a seafood and cream sauce which he said was equally delicious. They had a fairly good wine list, but were out of my first two choices so I lived dangerously and went for the (unoaked) local Chardonnay which was surprisingly good, Chablis like even. It is pricey, but so is every restaurant in whistler. The service was a little disjointed. We were forgotten a couple of times even though it was quiet. Overall very good, I would go again but they need to stock their wine cellar!.

• Visited April 2014

Redmond, Washington
“Fell short”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My family (daughters 8 & 11 and wife) and I went to Ric's Grill during President's Day weekend. Unfortunately restaurants are busy at this time, I didn't plan well, and we ended up here. I was a little hesitant to go here as the reviews aren't that great, and there's definitely smoke where there is fire.

The restaurant itself is OK, the decor is a little dated, room a little dark, but similar to other steakhouses. We were seated at a table and the first thing I noticed was how dirty the sides of the booths were right next to us. Then I kept looking around and it really did seem like the place could use a thorough cleaning.

Our server was OK, not the most friendly but not rude either. Didn't completely ignore us, but wasn't that attentive. Just sort of blah.

I ordered the halibut (never order fish at a steakhouse) and I regretted it immediately. It lacked flavor, was overcooked and rubbery, and was not delicious at all. The one positive of this restaurant is the kids menu with main course, side, drink and dessert for a reasonable price. Kids like the fact they can choose exactly what they want, this was indeed a plus.

I would not recommend this place as there are so many other (better) choices in Whistler.

• Visited February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Ric's Grill at Whistler review”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My sons and I reserved a table at Ric's Grill as our big dinner out on our Whistler vacation. The serving staff looked like they needed showers. The two steaks we had were tough, while the roast beef was underdone. Worst of all, I had the most horrific case I have ever had of food poisoning that evening in to the next two days. Strongly recommend avoiding this run down hole in the wall.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank C S
London, United Kingdom
“Will never go back!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Have been to this restaurant a few times in the past and whilst never great, it has always been a decent place to eat. A groups of us went last week whilst in whistler and I can honestly say it was one of the worse meals I have ever had in whistler - the restaurant was not busy at all which made it worse. The starters were average but edible but the main courses were shockingly bad - I had the ribs which the waitress told me was a great choice, but they were awful and I managed no more than a couple of mouthfuls. The service was shocking and for a party of 9, 5 of us got our main course and the others had to wait at least 10 more minutes for theirs, worse given that some of them had ordered the same fish dish. No-one enjoyed the meal and whilst they did give us a reduction when we complained, it really ruined the evening for all of us! Shame as some of us had also eaten at Ric's mix and enjoyed it very much. Doubt if this restaurant can survive in whistler if this standard continues! Truly bad!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Valerie N
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Lovely Evening, warm welcome”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Fabulous waitress, made to feel very welcome. Great Selection of food. Lobster Tails were fantastic. Good wine and beer, in all a great atmosphere, very busy, so recommend booking.

• Visited March 2014