“Go to Hy's...or the Keg...Or Earl's...Or ANYWHERE else”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta represents only the top tier of graded beef in Canada and is the only beef served at Ric's. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a a unique mixologists creation featuring the best in international, premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Shockingly poor dinner experience at this place. Our waitress seemed bored or bitter to be working that particular Saturday night. Our meals weren't anything special, and I can honestly say I've had better, more tender, striploin cuts of meat from Costco. The side of seasonal veg was underwhelming - zero in the way of seasoning or anything else to make them interesting, and the squash wasn't fully cooked. That wasn't the only thing under cooked - both my medium steak and my boyfriend's medium-rare were underdone. When I asked the waitress if she could take the steaks back to the kitchen to cook a bit more, she offered to replace the meals. While at first this seemed a thoughtful and professional gesture, she soon seemed to be irritated that I took her up on her offer. She seemed very put out that we wanted our steaks cooked further, but the clincher was when she came back from the kitchen and informed us that the chef said our steaks were cooked as requested. Even though that was not the case, we found the message and it's delivery incredibly rude. When the replacement meals did arrive, they were edible but still not what we had asked for. By this point, we just wanted to get out of there. With the two meals (no appetizers, no dessert) and two glasses of wine costing us just over $100, we were hard pressed to leave anything at all for a tip. We definitely won't be back. Do yourself a favor and spare yourself the experience - there are other steakhouses, even restaurants, with far better quality and service. Epic fail.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Made a dinner reservation at Ric's because we had been given gift certificates from a business associate. Teneil was our server who proved to be delightful, informative and attentive. Food was good but Teneil made our visit memorable.

SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent visit to Ric’s Grill Whistler. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your food, and will definitely pass your comments on to Teneil.

We look forward to delighting you again soon – at Whistler, Calgary, or any of our other locations in Western Canada.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was off season and the sign on the road said $15 surf and turf and kids eat free 5-6.

We walked I at 455 and were told immediately that they are not open. I thought keep the door locked then.

I said we are in for the special. She immedietly said you cannot do both. I said that is not what the sign said. She said "we are already giving you $50 off"

If my kids were not with us I would have walked out.

Our server was nice and salads and kids dinners were good. But hard to get by that welcome and atmosphere.

There are a lot of options and based on their advertising out front we chose rics, but they dropped the ball acquiring new fans.

We then decided to order salads instead of mains. At this point i wanted to reduce our spend. Salads were good.

We could hear the greeter talking about us in the kitchen from our table. Wow now that is a classy joint. "I told them..."

Hope it improves for other families that decide to go to rics in whistler.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Happened once before on our visit to Whistler. We were seated right away but waited for 15mins with no water, no drink order and no acknowledgment. It was off season so not busy and only 7pm. Bad bad service!!

SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your taking the time to write a review and let us know about your experience at Ric’s Grill. In our desire to continue to provide excellent service, we would like to get to the root cause of why your service was unacceptable on that day, and figure out how to avoid situations that lead to poor service in the future. I hope you will be kind enough to give me a few more details. I have messaged you privately.

Thanks and kind regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Ric's Grill is right on site at the Crystal Lodge. Very convenient for our stay. Great food, good value, quiet and romantic atmosphere. Staff were informative but not "over the top".

Thanks very much for your feedback, David.

We’re happy to have been part of your trip to Whistler, and we look forward to delighting you again soon at one of our Ric’s Grill locations in Western Canada.