“Very disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta represents only the top tier of graded beef in Canada and is the only beef served at Ric's. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a a unique mixologists creation featuring the best in international, premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have been travelling around the Province, and had one night to spend in Whistler. As we were staying at Crystal Lodge, we checked Ric's website and were very pleased to see that they were offering a Summer BBQ prix fix dinner. When we called to make a reservation, we were told that this special was just for July. This isn't mentioned anywhere on their website - we asked to speak with the Manager to see if the website special would be honored. The answer was a flat 'no'. We found a wonderful alternate dining establishment, however as travel professionals, we will not feel comfortable recommending Ric's Grill to any clients in the foreseeable furture.

1  Thank bgnHI
SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

First of all, sorry for taking so long to respond to your comments, and thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback so we could become aware of this problem.

I am investigating how is that our website and restaurants were out of synch, and how we can prevent this from occurring in the future. Even so, the restaurant business is a people business, and our managers and staff typically take great pride in the quality and service standards which we have become famous for – from the instant a customer comes into contact with our restaurant. I apologize for how your inquiry was handled. Even if the exact menu was no longer available (due to stocking of ingredients), I’m sure we could’ve figured something out, especially in exchange for you alerting us to this issue and the possibility of disappointing other future customers.

I would like to invite you to visit us again if and when you are next in Western Canada, to change your opinion about our service.

We hope to see you in the future at the Ric’s Grill.

There are newer reviews for Ric's Grill

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Food wasn't deserving of the price point. The waitress was attentive and friendly and was the saving grace of the meal. My mango salsa turned into plum sauce without warning and wife's salmon was a bit dry.

Dear Guest,

First of all, I’d like to apologize for taking so long to respond to your comments. I am disappointed to hear about your experience at our restaurant. After hearing your comments it is clear that you did not receive the Ric’s Grill dining experience.

We want all our guests to expect and enjoy a high level of fantastic food, service and atmosphere. You obviously did not experience our best during this visit and I apologize for our errors.

I want to thank you for taking the time out to write this review. It is important for us to understand what we are doing well, (and I am happy to hear about the great service), as well as what we need to improve upon.

I do hope that you will try us again and allow us to delight you with our characteristic food quality and service.

Regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Went with two teenagers looking for a good steak in an informal environment which this was - ginger chicken starters were excellent , steaks were good without being spectacular - service was excellent and attentive throughout (Australian waitress)

Thanks very much for taking the time to let us know how we're doing! We hope to see you again next time you're in Western Canada!

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We were celebrating a very important occasion. Daks our waiter made the experience memorable. Very polite and gave us great customer service. Also gave us complimentary cheesecake to commerate the occasion. Food was great and served warm. Will definitely visit again!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I ordered a Ribeye and it literally tasted like chalk. Had no flavor whatsoever. The Cesar salad was the same. It smelled like Cesar dressing but felt like we were eating the air it was so bad. I would NEVER go to this place again. The only good thing was the bread. We spent a ton of money there and walked out literally shaking our heads because it felt like we flushed money down the toilet. I'm so bummed we went there.

2  Thank Lovetogooutneat