“So-so”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Spanish, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta represents only the top tier of graded beef in Canada and is the only beef served at Ric's. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a a unique mixologists creation featuring the best in international, premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.
“So-so”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Food wasn't deserving of the price point. The waitress was attentive and friendly and was the saving grace of the meal. My mango salsa turned into plum sauce without warning and wife's salmon was a bit dry.

• Visited July 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I’d like to apologize for taking so long to respond to your comments. I am disappointed to hear about your experience at our restaurant. After hearing your comments it is clear that you did not receive the Ric’s Grill dining experience.

We want all our guests to expect and enjoy a high level of fantastic food, service and atmosphere. You obviously did not experience our best during this visit and I apologize for our errors.

I want to thank you for taking the time out to write this review. It is important for us to understand what we are doing well, (and I am happy to hear about the great service), as well as what we need to improve upon.

I do hope that you will try us again and allow us to delight you with our characteristic food quality and service.

Regards,

Armagh, United Kingdom
“Good value , decent food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Went with two teenagers looking for a good steak in an informal environment which this was - ginger chicken starters were excellent , steaks were good without being spectacular - service was excellent and attentive throughout (Australian waitress)

• Visited July 2013
SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to let us know how we're doing! We hope to see you again next time you're in Western Canada!
Vancouver, Canada
“The waiter (Daks) was amazing and made our experience memorable!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We were celebrating a very important occasion. Daks our waiter made the experience memorable. Very polite and gave us great customer service. Also gave us complimentary cheesecake to commerate the occasion. Food was great and served warm. Will definitely visit again!

• Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“The most DISGUSTING steak we've ever had. We flushed money down the toilet!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I ordered a Ribeye and it literally tasted like chalk. Had no flavor whatsoever. The Cesar salad was the same. It smelled like Cesar dressing but felt like we were eating the air it was so bad. I would NEVER go to this place again. The only good thing was the bread. We spent a ton of money there and walked out literally shaking our heads because it felt like we flushed money down the toilet. I'm so bummed we went there.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Lovetogooutneat
Miami Beach, Florida
“The worst experience possible”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is the most horrible restaurant on the face of the planet in this universe. Arrogant staff and unapologetic can-do-no-wrong management. Avoid like the plague.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Chris S
Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept my apologies for not responding sooner. I was disappointed to hear about your experience at our restaurant. After reading your review, it is clear that you did not receive the Ric’s Grill experience. I want all our guests to expect and enjoy a high level of fantastic food, service and atmosphere. You obviously did not receive our best during this visit and I apologize for this.

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to bring this to my attention, and I hope you will message me with specific details so we can work to correct them.