“Food is was good, pricing decent, requests not met and done... service was ok but not great.”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the heart of the Village, Ric's Grill features the best in steak, seafood and contemporary cuisine. Our kitchen prepares all sauces, rubs, glazes, soups and desserts from scratch using only the best ingredients. Sterling Silver beef from High River, Alberta represents only the top tier of graded beef in Canada and is the only beef served at Ric's. Seafood is Ocean Wise certified for sustainable fishing practices. Enjoy your meal with a selection from our Wine Spectator awarded list or a a unique mixologists creation featuring the best in international, premium spirits. Fresh ingredients. Freshly prepared. Guaranteed.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My parents were in Whistler for the weekend enjoying some time away for my dad's birthday. They decided to go to Ric's Grill on Friday night for dinner instead of a few other options they had in mind. Their decision was based on the fact it was a good location and they heard decent things about the restaurant.

Once I knew they were going there for dinner around 6pm ish... I called and made reservations for my dad and mom for 6pm. I also asked if they could have one of the better servers and if they do a complimetary drink or if they could bring two glasses of champagne to the table or perhaps a dessert at the end of the meal indicating it was compliments of my girlfriend and I. The restaurant did not fulfill this request at all and nothing happened. The employee told me that wouldn't be a problem and they can do that for me and usually do for a birthday thing. Again, nothing happened post the phone call.

The food was good, my parents enjoyed the meal but said the service could have been better for the type of place that you go to. The pricing is decent for what you get. The overall evening was a solid 3 1/2 - 4 out of 5 but I was expecting more and definitely wanted to make sure my dad received a little something for his birthday.

Take this review for what it's worth.

1  Thank Jeff S

Reviewed October 5, 2012

steak had to be sent back...too rare...waiter wasn't happy that we did that ... appetizers were the best items...should have stuck to those...

1  Thank HWood_54
SunnyRics, Guest Relations Manager at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it and will take steps to improve. We hope you are able to come back for a more positive experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Service was what you want - there when you want it but not "your new best friend". Atmosphere was an "A" and the food was good

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I had a nice steak dinner at Rics. We thought the decor in the restaurant was very nice, our waiter was friendly and efficient. The food was good, but overall we thought it was a bit expensive for what we received. It is not a place we would regularly return to.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Someone has mentioned this eatery is in par with the Hys Whistler and it is so wrong. There are no comparison from the ambience, the services, the grace and the presentations. The Ric is at best equal to Earls or Moxie's type of dining. The setting has no atmosphere or display any characters of a fine dining establishment. The only good thing is the location and it is step off from the village thorougfare/traffic. Of course no one will choose location over food and this is my point. We were there in the mid week and there was hardly any customer but the service was very slow. The young servers are probably part time students and they are no pros in the hospitality industry and it shows. Food are average at best, no imagination or presentation but we paid Hys $$$. We consider this type of dining is an event instead of a dine and dash and definitely this is not a place you wish to enjoy an evening. If you wish to party that there are just too many pubs and bars up there deserve better and cheaper than this place. The almost empty dining room is the testimony how unpopluar this place is.