“Great place to be in Whistler! Loved it!”

Longhorn Saloon & Grill
Ranked #45 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Bar, American, Grill, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Longhorn Saloon has been the place to après since opening day in 1981. Located steps away from the bottom of Whistler Mountain it's at the heart of the action. Whatever the reason, celebrate on the patio with a beer, bulldog or bottle of champagne!
Kelowna, Canada
“Great place to be in Whistler! Loved it!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This place does not deserve 19 negative feedbacks! I've read some if them and totally disagree!
This was the first spot me and my hubby saw after watching the awesome views of the mountain bikes coming down!
Greeted by 2 very enthusiastic people who offered us a nice cold Whister beer for $5.50 each was very welcoming getting in from the sun! (You need to pay cash upfront to the people letting you in doesn't go on your bill)

Staff- extremely friendly and knowledgable. As we had only just arrived we asked our waitresses advice. She gave us loads of great ideas which we really appreciated.

Food- burgers/sandwiches/salads and such. Very reasonable pricing. I had the ceaser salad and my hubby had a burger. Couldn't fault it.

Location- couldn't beat it for us. We ate here a few times and had drinks here in the evenings. It costs $2 entry at night and the drinks were pricer than some other quieter places but we really didn't mind as the atmosphere was really great. Party time in Whistler. Will always visit when we come back.

• Visited August 2013

Powell River, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great atmosphere being outside at night at the bottom of one of the peaks with HEATER! Wonderful would go back in a heart beat! The service was amazing too. Being a server myself I had no complaints! You guys are doing a great job. We only had appies but the food was huge and amazing! When you go you have to have a Bulldog to drink! No questions asked!

Toronto, Canada
“only have drinks if you go and didn't read the reviews”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My kids were hungry so we went here.
Big mistake.
The waitress was terrible and mjsinformed us about the food we ordered.
Ever hear of natcho chips and salsa taking over 45min?
I ate my awful burrito only because I was hungry.
The food really is almost not edible.
The service is bad.
The waitress didn't even tell us there was an extra $2 to change to the worlds smallest Ceasar saladit turned out
Fine that it was small because it did not get eaten.
Go for a beer...sure. food...save your stomach!!!!!

Visited July 2013
benjih90, Manager at Longhorn Saloon & Grill, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
On behalf of the Longhorn staff, we'd like to apologize for your experience dining with us. With our high turn over of both staff and customers, we do admit things can crazy sometimes, and try our best to accommodate all of our guests. If your here again please feel free to contact us directly, and hopefully we can amend your previous experience with us.

Kind Regards,
Ben
hartlepool, united kingdom
“Fab location, food ok”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The location at the bottom of Whistler Mountain right by the Gondola is unbeatable. We ate lunch here one day during our stay. While it wasn't exceptional, it certainly wasn't bad, and the views from this place are incredible. Service was pretty friendly. Prices for beer are on a par with most other places in Whistler: extortionate!

• Visited July 2013
Langley City, Canada
“food o.k, service lacking”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Menu was o.k. Enough choices for everyone in the group. Service started out o.k but after waiting for a long time for our plates to be cleared and bill we were told by another server that our server was presently engaged in a conversation with the manager. I thought that given she had our full table this was a bad choice of time. The music inside was loud. I would not recommend it to anyone who may not like that. I love music and the selections played were my bands but even for me the lunchtime volume was a bit much. Close to the mountain to watch the mountain bikers if you sit outside. I would not go back to this establishment based on my experience.