“Fun times every time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Longhorn Saloon & Grill
Ranked #49 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Bar, American, Grill, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Longhorn Saloon has been the place to après since opening day in 1981. Located steps away from the bottom of Whistler Mountain it's at the heart of the action. Whatever the reason, celebrate on the patio with a beer, bulldog or bottle of champagne!
Moncton, Canada
“Fun times every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our family just had an AMAZING ski vacation at Whistler B.C ( ma, pop, and 2 20 something's). We ended up at The Longhorn Saloon at least 3 times over the past week. We did try to go to other spots...but the ambience, music, food, and fun staff kept pulling us back there! The outdoor patio has heat lamps and blankets so you can enjoy your lunch break at the mountain base without taking off all of your ski gear. A nice cold beer or hot drink with liqueur here is awesome! The place is jam packed full for après ski....large TV's throughout with hockey games and or the big screen with ski/ boarding feature films add to the fun ambience. Everyone is smiling ear to ear sharing their highs and lows of their mountain experiences for the day. It is a little pricey but it's a prime location for sure! The food is good and the service is great! We had an amazing time, every time we went to The Longhorn Saloon!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Liam P, Manager at Longhorn Saloon & Grill, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
"We did try to go to other spots...but the ambience, music, food, and fun staff kept pulling us back there!" ... Is exactly why we do what we do!

Thanks for the great review and look forward to hosting you and your family any time!

London, Canada
“Fun, vibrant, party atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Apre ski here is awesome, just don't drink the house d - stick to mulled wine, cocktails and beers. We had a fabulous new years eve here at the Rock of Ages party - loved it.

Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Location can't be best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Based right at the base of both the whistler and blackcomb mountains this pub can't be beat! Always busy, lots of seating inside and out, 3 ATMs inside, prompt table service & the staff are amazing.
It can obviously get super busy but that doesn't stop the staff from making sure you're always tended to!
Only problem- you have quite a trek in store if you want to go to the toilet as its actually outside and downstairs from the venue- make sure you have your ID on you to get back in! ;)

Hey Shelley,

Thanks for a great review.

I am glad my door hosts are being diligent on the door, it isnt ever meant to cause any inconvenience, we just have a liquor license to protect.

With regards to our washrooms, when the building was originally developed over 30 years there was never any intent of this unit becoming a bar and therefore washrooms were not considered for this level. I do agree it is definately an inconvenience, especially in ski boots, but we may consider the chance when we renovate in the next 12 months :)

Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

“Bar Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great location for lunch, as it is just seconds from the lifts. The food was average bar fare. Large Club sandwich was a good deal and soup and salad combo was great options. Service was quick considering how busy the restaurant was at lunch time. More a Bar atmosphere, than a family restaurant.

Vancouver
“Don't bother, especially not for lunch!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Obviously the location can't be beat; it's literally at the foot of the hill, so if you're coming in for a beer after a day on the mountain, I can't say that would be a bad decision. It's definitely what's keeping this place in business.

However, should you be looking for a place to grab a bite to eat for lunch, steer clear. I went to the Longhorn Saloon on a Sunday afternoon about two o'clock to get a burger and fries, and was really disappointed. First of all, it was EXTREMELY loud in there. I'm a 21 year old girl and I like to party just as much as the next person, so I'm not a prude to noise or 'loud' music, but this was just stupid; if I wanted to speak to the person next to me I had to lean into their ear and yell. I wish I was exaggerating.

The service was good, however, and our waitress was friendly and attentive. None of the orders were wrong and our food came quickly, but when it did arrive I managed a few bites and called it quits. My burger was dry, overcooked, and all in all extremely tasteless; despite being a swiss and mushroom burger all I tasted was oil and crunchy, flavourless beef. And for that and a pop, I paid $22 including tax and tip. My advice? Go to Spaghetti Factory for better food at a cheaper price, seriously.

Drinks or shooters in the evening, maybe. But lunch? Never again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hello Morgan,

Thanks for your review and I apologize that you were disapointed with your experience.

We definately turn up the tunes in the afternoon transitioning from lunch into apres ski to get the party started, some parts of the bar are considerably louder than others due to the positioning of our speakers. Our staff will gladly try and adjust the volume in most sections of the bar for your comfort.

As for your food I am very sorry that you were dissatisfied with your meal. I have sent you a personal message, and lunch is on us next time and I guarantee a far better lunch experience.

I hope you take us up on our offer and I look forward to hosting you again soon.