“Not much to write home about”

La Brasserie des Artistes
Ranked #109 of 198 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Affectionately known as 'The Brass', this is where the locals eat and drink. A casual pub-style atmosphere with a thoughtful food menu, and an engaging service staff. Start your day-or end your night-with us today!
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This place has a nice patio to chill in with a plate of nachos but that's all. The calamari was too crunchy and over fried. The spaghetti Bolognese was more TexMex than Italian and very small portion. The nachos were average fare and decent size to share with 2 or 3 friends. The poutine is no where near French-style. I asked for water, but never got it. If there is another option, you can give this a pass.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast, poached eggs were perfectly done, satisfied with the food, the staff work really hard and therefore the service is good, they smile a lot - that makes it a nice experience: only downer is "it's very sticky!" - would benefit from a good clean and hose down!
Leave a big tip for the staff: they are excellent. I'll eat here again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is located right in the main part of the village stroll. I'm wary of the high profile places with prime real estate as they often ride on those qualities and food and service can be poor. Not so here.

The restaurant is seat yourself, mostly outdoor patio, with menus on the table. The menu is extensive, mostly casual fare, even a special poutine section. I decided on steak and frites. Both were fabulous. The steak was really tasty. They also came with a side of cooked spinach which was a weird but okay choice. I pointed out to the server that the steak was more like well done than the medium that i ordered but I didn't mind...it was just feedback for the kitchen. Nonetheless, she discounted the meal by 10$. I will definitely return next time I'm in Whistler.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had no idea where to eat so ended up walking in the village and was attracted to the decor so decided to go in. Most of us ordered schnitzel, one had pasta and one had steak. The steak looked to be the best meal. Our server was friendly but average in efficiency. We ended up leaving the restaurant before our plates had been cleared. The schnitzel was tough and instead of having one large piece pounded with a nice breading there were several small pieces that seemed to have been deep fried rather than pan fried. The outer color was quite dark also which told me the fry fat was well used and needed to be changed. I ordered a glass of wine and I do realize that wine in Whistler will cost more than the lower mainland. I was prepared to pay this as I wanted a glass of wine with my meal but I have never been served such a small glass of wine anywhere before and I have travelled the world. I would bet it was a 3 ounce serving size at most and for almost $8.00. I will not go back to this restaurant again nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went there with a stagette of 10 girls. The server was terrible and so rude. She took half our drink and food orders. Put them in the computer, delivered the drinks then took the rest of the orders. When asked for more coffee she rolled her eyes and upon delivery or coffee spilt it all over the table. When we finally got our food it was cold, and the toast was stale. While we were there we saw 3 different tables up and leave because of lack of service. When I complained to the manager she said "[--] happens". This is not the way to treat customers. I do not recommend this place at all.