“Great Taste & Amazing Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Caminetto

Il Caminetto
Ranked #36 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Scheduled to reopen on November 1, 2017. We are currently closed for renovations as we prepare to join our new family of restaurants under the Toptable Group. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Taste & Amazing Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

First time eating at Il Caminetto in Whistler - The hostess was very welcoming and pleasant. Our server was also very friendly and helpful! Great menu selection (veal, calamari, fish, steak, salads and of course, pasta). Perfect location along the village stroll and the atmosphere was amazing. I had a seafood pasta with mussels, shrimp & scallops in a white wine sauce - Flavour was unreal! Also had fried mozzarella for the appetizer and it was delicious (although too expensive for what it was). Definitely small portion sizes, but very tasty. The food was quite pricey so I wouldn't eat here regularly. The staff was very professional but not up-tight, which was nice.. And the food arrived very quickly :) The desserts were very good too - We tried the Tiramisu and Pistachio creme brûlée which were very yummy. I would definitely recommend this place for a date or special occasion! Also, I would make a reservation online beforehand as it was very busy on the weekend.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 00VanCity00

Toronto, Canada
“rude and overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have been here a few times and have enjoyed the food in the previous years. This year was a different story. I do not know if they hired a new chef or decided to change the way they cook but I was definitely NOT impressed. Let begin with our waiter. He was VERY rude. Did not take any time to take consideration into our ordering. Was rushing our order in which we told him several times we wanted to wait to order our mains. His response being "dishes take longer than you think, but ok".. anyways we get our food in which I was not impressed. The calamari salad use to be amazing until now. The calamari was rubbery and unsatisfying. I ordered minestrone soup which has NO flavour and was a complete waste of money. I am sorry but I come from an Italian family and this food was NOT worth the money. To top it off the waiter left our table without telling us and got another server to take over for the remainder of the meal. Just rude and unprofessional.

• Visited February 2014
Port Moody, Canada
“Great cellar, service, and cuisine...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Took two very discerning foodie friends from Toronto to dinner here with great results.
Surroundings were reminiscent of an older Italian era - sophisticated but welcoming. Service was knowledgeable and friendly with timely arrival of each dish and we were not rushed. The wine list is immense and varied. Our guests wanted the best of BC wines and we were able to select both white and red from the wide choice of both.
We all especially liked the sensible portion sizes of each course, which enabled us all to thoroughly enjoy an appetizer, a main, and a dessert each. The food was superb - beautifully cooked and presented. Absolutely no complaints. Diners cannot go wrong here. Value? Moderately expensive but definitely worth it.
Highly recommended if you want a special evening out with friends who love their food and wine.

• Visited April 2014
vancouver
“Lovely Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

We ate here for the first time during spring break. Previously, we had dined at Umbertos in Vancouver over the years and liked it very much. We were surprised to find that we liked this restaurant of Umbertos in Whistler even more, which we did not think possible! What we liked was the soothing surroundings...the color of the walls, the many pieces of art on the walls, the way the tables were spaced so that you did not feel crowded. This ambience is just as important as the food for us. The food was delicious, although I have had better gnocchi in da Marios in Burnaby.. The recommended Italian wine was very good. The service was excellent. We will definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Pretty Good Italian in the Village”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I recently went to Il Caminetto. The place is pretty nicely decorated and very warm and inviting. The food we thought was pretty good, but not the best in Whistler. I had the penne with sausage and my wife had the pasta with rose sauce and pancetta. We each had salads that were very good. The lemon tart desert we had was excellent. The service was good as well. I would say this is in the top 3 for Italian in the village, so I would recommend it, but its not at the top of my list.

• Visited March 2014